Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 346|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

HAED Designs in Cross Stitch

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-1-2 14:20
| Show all posts |Read mode
Who are your favorite HAED artists if you like this brand?  I am liking Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, Josephine Wall, and James Browne.  I'm not liking a lot because it seems to be stuff from artists online.  A lot, while are great artists, don't seem polished enough to warrant the time stitching.

Related collections:

• · haed|Threads: 2, Subscribe: 0
 Author| Post time: 2017-1-3 07:56
| Show all posts
I like Randal Spangler, too!  I love these two artworks especially:

084426jvvd2s1lv1212k17.jpg
045316mwthv353fex3drfc.jpg

I used to love his dragon things when I was a teen.  I got this magazine, Realms of Fantasy I think, and his prints were advertised in the back.  I didn't know about Gustafson or Christensen's.  Those are amazing!  Even though they are fairy tales, they are things I wouldn't mind hanging in my house.    

I just torrented a ton of HAED charts.  Most of them aren't my style either.  HAED looks like a go-to for artists, some of whom I know.    I was big into drawing up until I had children.  I still dearly love it, but it's hard to do with kids crawling on you.  I only get maybe half an hour to an hour at night between them falling asleep and my bedtime.  Anyway, got more than I could do in my lifetime now.  lol  Got so many of those last two artists mentioned.  And they are gorgeous.

Comments

And I understand about kids. Its hard to get free time while they are small. Enjoy, soon enough they turn into the dreaded teenager :)  Post time 2017-1-3 15:35
oh I love those. I am going to make at least one Spangler before I die :) I want to do Superstitions by Christensen too. I better get busy !!  Post time 2017-1-3 15:33
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-3 05:17
| Show all posts
My favorites are John Shannon, Jasmine Becket-Griffith, Amy Brown, Randal Spangler, Ed Beard Jr, Aimee Stewart, Ciro Marchetti, Scott Gustafson, James C. Christensen. Though I tend to only like a few of their charts not all. It seems like 90% of the HEADs are pretty fairies or sexy women staring off into space - not my thing. I like darker themes or the funny twisted ones.
James Brown was new to me....Very cool. I would love to do his Old Vows or Love Owls if I could find them.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-3 15:37
| Show all posts
I did learn one thing about HAEDs. Minis are less detailed versions of the large charts. If I'm going to spend months on a project I want it to look it's very best so I am going to avoid minis myself

Comments

Yes! I want to do the train one for sure because it's max colors, large. =) I might try to buy any others that aren't.  Post time 2017-1-4 00:30

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-4 04:20
| Show all posts
I don't know how to do the pictures but here are a few on my list of I WANT to do  
Melanie Dolan - Trapped   http://bbs.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... amp;_dsign=a4bfb1ba

Scott Gustafson - City Mouse Country Mouse   http://bbs.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... amp;_dsign=5e58c3c0

Amy Brown - Curiosity   http://bbs.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... amp;_dsign=8b6e62d5

Randal Spangler - Dreams   http://bbs.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... amp;_dsign=71e3c4e1

I will have to break down and buy these but they will be worth it ! Though at almost $60 for 3 I won't be getting them all at once
Christina Hess - Elhissabeth and King Houndry V
John Shannon - Moonstone

Comments

Kitted up they are closer to $100. Too much for my pocket. I am hoping to try a LNS that is less than an hour away, I want to get some linen. I get floss here for .39 A dollar each is high!  Post time 2017-1-4 22:48
If they come with fabric and thread, I think they'll be worth it. =D I can only get linen at one store in my entire parish. The one store that sells floss in my town charges over a dollar each! =P  Post time 2017-1-4 13:47
I forgot to add the Aimee Stewart - A Stitching Shelf (it's a Stitch in Time without the center symbol) I love her shelf charts !  Post time 2017-1-4 04:27

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-5 13:32
| Show all posts
I love Chris Ortega and Maxine Gadd but her patterns are going to be expired after april 30th of 2017 on the HEAD site.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-24 01:16
| Show all posts
I love Laura Prindle, Linda Tso, Josephine Wall, Jody Bergsma oh the list is endless lol.  To say the least I have a few HAED, hence my sig.

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 08:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067897 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list