| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 336|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

Some of the rules artists put on their patterns seem silly to me.

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-2-21 00:54
| Show all posts |Read mode
So I got a Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery design, and I read their rules.  Some were an obvious given to me.

Do not hand out free copies.

Do not upload the chart online.

Do not print and sell copies.

Do not sell your completed work.

You can print it out for you and give away your work.

The only thing I find strange is the not being able to sell your completed work.  That is weird to me.  I've seen people make stocking and ornaments and all sorts of things and sell them.  People like to buy things like this, but they may not have the ability or time to do it themselves.  Does anyone find the "no selling your completed work" rule silly?  If I made a pattern, I'd have no problem with this!

Post time: 2017-7-2 07:05
| Show all posts
I agree with the previous posters.  They can put that on their patterns but they can not enforce it.  You can't pass the work off as if it were your pattern but you can certainly sell what you make from the pattern.  There are a ton of sites explaining this on the Internet.  I don't get the reason behind saying you can't sell items made from their patterns - to what end???  It would only promote their patterns IMHO, especially if another crafter see the work in person, they could be persuaded to purchase the pattern, yes??  I know I have.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-2-21 11:47
| Show all posts
I think it is unfair to ask someone to spend money buying the supplies, and many hours making something and then tell them they cannot sell the finished product.

Comments

It's a crazy rule! I am going to make one of those charts and sell it just to mess with them. They will never ever know probably, but it's the principle.  Post time 2017-2-21 14:20
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-10 13:38
| Show all posts
they can't tell you not to sell your compleyed works. they are yours to sell

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-2 03:29
| Show all posts
You purchased the pattern. You can sell what you want. They can put that on thier patterns, but there's no law making you abide by it. It's ridiculous. Once they sell it, it's yours.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-13 13:19
| Show all posts
I dont know if this is common in every country, but in some countries crochet designers are the owners of the intellectual property rights, so they can decide what we are able to do with the patterns we buy. They can sell the patterns and the finished dolls made from them. And also designers can give permission for commercial purposes if you ask them. There's many people that design crochet patterns just for recreational use but people dont respect that

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-14 10:52
| Show all posts
In the US the designer can't tell you what to do with the finished object.
They can write what they want on the pattern, but it doesn't have any legal value.
I don't know about other countries.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-15 11:08
| Show all posts
His via f man maintains rich Che Che. Now fish c naked nwkhfnwkhrnwkfnwmjf is c jam cnwkw

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 16:07 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071529 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list