Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
View: 596|Reply: 5
Collapse the left

What kind of floss do people here use?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-2-26 13:52
| Show all posts |Read mode
I see the words 'hand dyed' and 'silk' thrown around a lot.  I'm over here like DMC FTW!  All DMC!  Specialty threads?  This pattern is trying to put on airs.  Denied!  DMC!

Post time: 2017-2-27 03:20
| Show all posts
I have only ever used DMC. If the specialty threads weren't so ridiculously expensive I would love to try some of the variegated colors just because they are pretty. But brown is brown so I don't understand paying the extra cost for the ordinary colors.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-8 16:35
| Show all posts
I use DMC and sometimes Kreinik for the glitter effect.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-15 23:57
| Show all posts
Edited by bluedales at 2017-4-15 17:22

I use DMC but do have a lot of Vicki Claytons Hand Dye Fibre but cannot get it anymore also use thesilkmill

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-24 22:31
| Show all posts
My standby and the brand I have the most of is DMC, however I do admit that I do have a substantial stash of specialty threads that I've bought through the years for different projects. I really do enjoy the different colors and even the luxurious feel that some of the more premium flosses have.

My stash includes Crescent Colours, Weekly Dye Works, Gentle Arts Sampler and other various premium threads. I love them all

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 08:15
| Show all posts
I find that when a pattern is photographed with the specialty threads and I use the DMV conversion mine never looks the same as the photograph. I'm not experienced enough yet to try my own color replacements.

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 02:37 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057096 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list