PinDIY

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 353|Reply: 22

Terrible Downloading Experience

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-3-8 03:57
| Show all posts |Read mode
WOW today was really really bad. Just so terrible I just gave up! It wasn't just extremely slow with many starts and stops, several times it stopped altogether and I had to download again. Two patterns I had to download multiple times (at cost!) and the second one I still haven't managed after 3 attempts. Please fix this. This problem is going from bad to worse.

Comments

Old topic  Post time 2017-5-5 08:19
Post time: 2017-3-9 02:02
| Show all posts
Well i've been trying now for about an hour and a half and its the same as last night. Only small pdf files will complete downloading at a very slow pace. Rar files and files larger dan 1MB are basically not downloadable. They download a few hundred kb and then cancel themselves. Very frustrating, hope this passes soon.

Comments

Untill now I downloaded all the patterns I wanted (some with a few problems) Which pattern did you wanted to download?  Post time 2017-3-10 22:30
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-3-11 01:37
| Show all posts
I think it was just a glitch that charged for the first time I re-downloaded on Tuesday (and after which I checked to see if I was being charged and didn't bother after that). Since then I did a bit of math when I was less tired and frustrated and considering I had to make at so may attempts, I would have a lot less than I do. So I stand corrected.

But my main problem wasn't the cost but the fact that I had to make so many attempts, and that each attempt (of a rar or zip file) took between 10-15 min. So just imagine how long I spent on just trying to download those 2 files, each 3 times, the second one unsuccessfully, besides two more that only had to make one attempt at. Fortunately yesterday was better with no multiple attempts, and while still slow, it was more like 5 min. But still no where near my norm.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-12 19:31
| Show all posts
I had same problems. It is unusual but if it does happen again just wait till next day and go into the blue download arrow at top of page and ask to see all downloads. The ones that failed will be shown . If you click on retry it will usually download properly this time. It is less stressful for you . If that fails then wait a couple of days and try again. Repeatedly retrying won't really help if there is a glitch on the website. These repeated attempts shouldn't cost you any coins as the first payment allows further downloads for a very long time. I've accidentally deleted downloaded files in the past and have been able to go back & download again several months later for free.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 08:01
| Show all posts
Edited by KarinsCreations at 2017-3-8 18:23

No, you don't have to pay for download again.

When a download isn't going as well, you can click again on the words "when the download doesn't start in 3 seconds click here"
So down click away this page before checking if the download went well.

Did you click away the page (it happens ) go to iBooks, it's for free (at least it says so). I did it once and it was realy for free.

It happend to me to that I downloaded and that the rar was gone and the rar.part had stayed, that's not how it has to happen, so I removed everyting and started again. Had to do it 3 times before all was as it should.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 05:01
| Show all posts
It has nothing to do with your computer or even internet connection. I have a high speed connection and a lightning fast computer and have had the same problems. Took three tries for one PDF last week.
I also got an internal error in red after paying the cost of the pattern and had to return to the pattern page to click a second time to download. It's really quite frustrating!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 05:46
| Show all posts
Are you sure about having to pay to download again? I downloaded earlier and although it was slow it did download eventually. I just tried to download that again and I wasn't charged again the gold coin and it did download much faster. I hope it speeds up for you too.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-7 23:55
| Show all posts
Has anyone received a message "For make a Gold Coin you must have at least 0 (the forum Download attachment Gold Coin-30". The price for a chart showed 50 coins, i had 58. The points got deducted, but i can't download the pattern.

Comments

AMW
The forum cost for a download is always 30 GC (except for repaints that are 199 GC). The uploader's price is on top of that. So that would be 50 + 30 = 80 GC.  Post time 2017-4-8 02:37

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-9 00:28
| Show all posts
I had the same experience. Snail speed downloading and alot of times it just errored out completely. I gave up aswell was way to frustrating. Gonna give it another try tonight, hopefully it will go better this time.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 23:43
| Show all posts
KarinsCreations 2017-3-8 08:01
No, you don't have to pay for download again.

When a download isn't going as well, you can click ag ...

Thank you for the helpful information

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 04:00
| Show all posts
I'm sorry for your experience, I've never had problems downloading

Comments

AMW
Not sure how to respond- lucky you.. I only know I only have this problem with this site and no where else. But thanks for the sympathy. :)  Post time 2017-3-8 04:11

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 04:14
| Show all posts
I experience this problem too.  I suspect it is because I am using an older computer and it just can't work fast enough.  

Comments

AMW
Since I have no problems downloading elsewhere I can't see how it can be my computer or connection. The problem is only at this forum. Are you sure your computer is guilty?  Post time 2017-3-8 04:18

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 04:51
| Show all posts
sometimes the site is really slow, it has nothing to do with your computer. but if you go to ibooks, you can download again, and  don't have to pay anymore.

Comments

AMW
While you don't have to pay the uploader price again you still have to pay the 30 GC forum cost every time you download. I checked to see how much less had since I started. But thanks.  Post time 2017-3-8 04:58

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 23:43
| Show all posts
I hope it gets better

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

||FAQ|||Dark room|||www.pindiy.com

2018-1-18 16:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058592 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2018 770

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list