Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 341|Reply: 24
Collapse the left

Parents of School Aged Children

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-3-8 10:37
| Show all posts |Read mode
My two in school are coming home either starved or with digestive issues from their school meals.  One refuses to eat anything except maybe those craft chicken nuggets or rolls.  The other is eating and suffering in the bathroom.  They are both limited in what they can really tell me about their meals.  One is moderate-severely Autistic, and the other has an auditory processing disorder which means she doesn't always hear normally so she doesn't talk normally.  The meals sound delicious!  They don't really look edible...  They mostly look beige.

I've been thinking about getting those bento-looking boxes for them, make some good food.  Just when you already cook from scratch, making extra meals every day is really time consuming!  What have your kids said about their lunches?  Do you make their lunches?

Post time: 2017-3-8 16:04
| Show all posts
My child will start school soon and I plan to make her lunches every day. I have seen pictures of school food on the internet and it looks like the cheapest and the worst. Full of additives and chemicals. Some schools have a full kitchen but only use the microwave to heat up frozen fast food. It does take time to prepare bento boxes but if you prepare everything at the beginning of the week, it saves time.

Comments

The cokes had double an adult's daily allotment for sugar!  Post time 2017-3-9 00:30
I worked at a private school once. Next to no money spent on dietary. Lots of ground meat and cake mixes, many cans of fruit in syrup. There was a coke machine, all the kids were drinking those.  Post time 2017-3-9 00:30
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-3-8 22:23
| Show all posts
Edited by Spyctre at 2017-3-8 08:31

I started that with my first one, but she has Autism and is so picky.  We were doing this in an effort to make her want to eat other foods!  Only thing she decided to try new was chocolate milk.  She drinks so much during the week, she detoxes from sugar every single weekend!  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-8 23:42
| Show all posts
MY kids are grown but my daughter was such a picky eater that I made her lunches until she reached third grade when she was allowed to get lunch from the salad bar. Before the salad bar she would come home starved because she had only eaten the corn off her plate. Have you tried having lunch with them to see what they are actually being served? It does take more time and cost more to make their lunches.

Comments

She took away the brown gravy from their mashed potatoes!  Post time 2017-3-9 00:28
I haven't gone to eat lunch with them. They don't invite parents except for special events. They send home menus... When Michelle Obama "fixed" them menus, she took away everything tasty.  Post time 2017-3-9 00:28
Her choices would be cold pizza, cold mac and cheese, pb&j, cold vegan chicken nuggets, and yogurt. Every day. Just these. She also likes cookies.  Post time 2017-3-9 00:25
So much more time! My Autistic one will drink smoothies and juices all day, but they don't keep. Some juices go weird if they aren't drunk immediately.  Post time 2017-3-9 00:19

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-3-9 00:31
| Show all posts
All schools here recently made lunch free for all.  Trump trying to take medicaid from pregnant women, and the government is feeding our children poison.

Comments

Not that Russians are evil. I've met really nice Russians! I mean he's been consorting with their crooked politicians.  Post time 2017-3-9 21:46
I really worry about how he's deregulating everything as well. He cares nothing for our health. He cares nothing for people. He called Hillary a traitor, and he's been consorting with the Russians.  Post time 2017-3-9 21:46
lol With what they feed kids, we shouldn't pay for it!  Post time 2017-3-9 21:44
He is messing with the EPA also. Soon our air and water will be even more poisoned. Makes me afraid for the future generations. All school lunches should be free :)  Post time 2017-3-9 01:26

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-9 03:43
| Show all posts
I suffered with Celiac for my school years without knowing it. My issues were usually more severe during the school year as I ate breakfast and lunch there; I always thought it was the lights giving me headaches and a sensitive belly giving me bathroom issues. Alas, it was the gluten in all the food doubled with an unknown milk allergy. If they're having issues w/ school food, I'd send them with some alternatives and see if that helps at all.

Comments

It's surprising how many people have Celiac's and don't know for either a long time or ever. My aunt found out in her 50s.  Post time 2017-3-9 21:52
I have a lactose intolerance. I can have half and half in my tea, but skim hurts me! The more fat removed from milk, the higher the sugar is. They've proven lower milk fat increases diabetes.  Post time 2017-3-9 21:50
We eat vegetarian, whole food / clean. Once you detox from stuff, you can get sick from seemingly benign things! Like 100% grape juice. That stuff is so boiled down the syrup / juice hurts them.  Post time 2017-3-9 21:48

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-9 08:57
| Show all posts
No one is as picky as my grandson.  He only eats bagels, french toast (which is fairly new), he used to eat chicken nuggets until his friend told him chicken comes from chicken feet or something like that, LOL, yogurt, pizza, frozen waffles and pancakes and that's it.  He won't eat veggies. meat, chicken (regular), or drink milk.  He had bad stomach pains because he wasn't eating anything.  My daughter finally bribed him to try new foods.  He's doing a little better, but believe me it's not great  He is a skinny little thing and he's 9 yrs old, but all the girls love him and he seems to be the school Mayor!  My son wasn't as bad as my gs, but he was bad. I gave him malted with an egg in it but that's when you could eat a raw egg.

Comments

I hide spirulina in her smoothies. lol  Post time 2017-3-9 21:55
He sounds like my Autistic one. She's eat bread, cheese, peanut butter, chicken nuggets, and yogurt. So pizza, pasta, and sandwiches. Also drinks smoothies, though. That is her only nutrition!  Post time 2017-3-9 21:54
If you sterilize the egg shell before you crack it open, I think you are safe. The bacterial lives on the shell. If you are still worried, they sell pasteurized eggs!  Post time 2017-3-9 21:53

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-12 13:34
| Show all posts
For now I only have one that is in school and he only eats on the days when he looks at the lunch menu and sees if he likes it or not and if he doesn't i have to pack him lunch. So it varies.  

Comments

I wish mine could tell me. lol  Post time 2017-3-12 15:02

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 00:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.291424 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list