Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 496|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

Motivation ?

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2017-5-24 11:36 |Read mode
I get bored of 1 project too easily , therefore I have too many WIPS :)
any tips or tricks to help get you through a long project ?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-6-24 05:15
| Show all posts
I too am easily bored!  I usually have at least 3 projects going, one mindless project for knitting in front of the TV, one that I need to concentrate on and a spare LOL.  In all honesty, if something goes on too long, sometimes I just cut it short by a few rows depending on the pattern (if it can be done) 'cause I just can't work on it anymore.  Those are the "boy I'm glad that's done" projects.  I tell myself I have to finish because the yarn is too expensive not to.  I made Waiting for the Sun and it's beautiful but I couldn't wait to be finished with it.  I'm waiting for the yarn for Dreamcatcher to arrive and that will probably be another "can't wait until it's done" project but it is so beautiful!  Keep plugging away and you'll finish :-)  PS - I always have a pair of socks going (in addition to my three) 'cause they're easy to pick up and go quickly AND something I can always use.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 21:01
| Show all posts
I make a list and I allow myself one finish,  one new project.   I have also rotated my projects, which I really enjoyed, one project for one or two evenings then I moved to the next project for the next couple of evenings.  
At least all of the projects were being worked on during the week and I did finish several with this method.   I do find that you have to be super organized with a set space to keep the projects in between shifts in projects.
The only items I left out at my stitching station was my scissors, stitching light and glasses, all the different projects were on trays.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 15:11
| Show all posts
Hi, I guess I'm different then... I can only do 1 project at a time as I concentrate pretty good and it's hard to distract me. Then I will move on to the next. The maximum projects I could ever do at the same time were 2. In return I need inspiration everyday and that's why I always on the quest of searching for something new - new designer, new pattern, pictures etc...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-27 01:58
| Show all posts
I try to finish at least one project per season. I used to work only one project at a time but I've recently gotten bored and started something new. Big mistake. Plus I fell into somewhat of a rut but I don't want to start anything new. :L I watch a lot of TV to get through the boring parts.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 13:57
| Show all posts
I just ended small project that I started two years ago. Maybe it was not the right time then to finish it.
So, sometimes I think to put aside something that is not going fluently is the right decision. But sometimes. I have such project. It is laying aside for almost 10 years.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 15:25
| Show all posts
Edited by Sebnem at 2017-5-24 15:27

I do all the boring projects while binge watching TV show. Last week I finished 2 pullovers with Good Wife :)
If I need to watch my needles instead of TV, I listen cozy mystery audio books. Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache is my favorite nowadays.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 13:21
| Show all posts
Currently I have one big project and plenty of small ones. But I force myself to make my way through the large one by saying, I'm only allowed to work on my small pieces if i finish one page of my big project. In that way it keeps me motivated to keep working!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 14:35
| Show all posts
I cannot stitch one project a time, to not get bored of a project i must stitch many different ones at the same time, that's my "secret". Anyway i usually stith a big project along with many small ones

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 17:24
| Show all posts
umm, as for me i try ti stick with one wip, but it's impossible and i have a big basket of unfinished work - mostly my amigurumis need garments, sigh sigh. i would so love to make myself keep 1 (2 max) wip at a time

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 12:43
| Show all posts
I stick to very small patterns because if I can't finish it really quick, I never finish it :D

Some of these patterns are just amazing, but I know I could never finish one. :lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-26 01:05
| Show all posts
I love finding a good audio book on youtube while I stitch!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 23:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.085899 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list