Forgot password?
 Register
View: 310|Reply: 5
Collapse the left

Purchase issues

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2017-5-26 01:09 |Read mode
I've been having a lot of problems when purchasing books or magazines.  I just noticed that whenever I purchased a book or magazine that has multiple rar  files I can only open the first file and after looking it isn't the complete book and the other files won't open.  This is even after trying to place them all into the same folder.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'd love some help.  Also I just purchased a ton of files for the knitting book the Art of Fair Isle Knitting.  If you look at the site it shows how big each file is but after trying 4 times each the files are all empty, very odd.  Here's the link.
//www.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... ghlight=fair%2Bisle

Comments

Old/Solved topic  Post time 2017-6-23 00:24

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-5-26 09:47
| Show all posts
What program are you using to extract the files?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-26 22:34
| Show all posts
um, you need to download all parts of the archive, before extracting it. if you've done this - downloaded all the parts - and there's still a mistake during or after extracting, it can mean that some of the parts weren't downloaded completely - there was an interruption in the network for example.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-27 02:10
| Show all posts
You need to download all parts and use the same Name as the one in the file. I use Win-RaR to extract but it's not free. An open source one that works well is 7 Zip. I found that it can take a while to open when you have 10 or more RAR files. I thought I had empty files once but it just took a while to un-zip.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-27 03:12
| Show all posts
I've actually just found a great one so the rar problems are fixed.  Apparently the one I had was opending all zips but only the first rar so I'm not using that.  But the files for that one book still is showing up as all empty files after downloading.   I will try it again one last time tho

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-11 08:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071323 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list