Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: penquinqueen
Collapse the left

where did you learn?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-1-6 00:08
| Show all posts
Videos from youtube are great or, if you can afford it, some Craftsy online courses ... I have a few and I think they are great! :)

Comments

I agree with you. Do not know Craftsy but I sure do use YT when I need to learn a new stitch or technique.  Post time 2018-2-27 22:14

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-13 23:02
| Show all posts
The internet is a great source of information

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-20 05:44
| Show all posts
I learned from my grandmother at a very young age, then didn't knit for years.  To relearn I used the series of books called The Harmony Guide To Knitting Stitches.  I found they described the stitches and techniques very well.  If I had problems with a pattern, I could always find the requisite definitions in the Harmony Guides with clear instructions. I still use them to this day.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-27 22:12
| Show all posts
I crochet and knit since I was a child: I was taught both by my grandmothers and great-grandmother, bless them all.
For many years I put aside this art but lately am back to it, at full throttle, LOL! I am very much into amigurumis.
I wish I could sew though - I see some projects that inspire me but I find it utterly difficult. I even bought a sewing machine but I only used it once, when mum came over to fix my curtains and other little things.
Oh, I like cross stitch but never attempted it. It looks like a very relaxing craft. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-20 04:26
| Show all posts
good luck!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-5-29 04:31
| Show all posts
I did self study and now, I am a teacher

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-5-29 04:50
| Show all posts
great! Where do you teach?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-7-30 11:42
| Show all posts
Youtube!! As always

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-21 23:27
| Show all posts
Mom taught me how to crochet when I was 12, I learned knitting all by my self from youtube in less than a week about 6 months ago, just grab pair of needles and a ball of yarn and don't think much about it, I  since than created beautiful pieces with some very advanced techniques, and all that is just from youtube.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-25 00:38
| Show all posts
Youtube is the best. You need practice, practice, and practice, but it's not impossible.
I learn with "very pink knits" she is the best because she has a lot of information, techniques, stitches, and slow-motion videos.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 12:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.044882 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list