Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 303|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

my very own pattern

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-5-27 22:50
| Show all posts |Read mode
I love crocheting hats.  I never use a pattern.  I start out with 12 dc in a magic circle, increasing the rows as 24, 36, 48, and 60.  I crochet very loosely so 60 dc is large enough for children from 6 to 12 and sometimes fits adults with small heads.  Then I start my pattern which I make up as I go along.  I love doing front post doubles and do them a lot.  For example I may do 2 fpd and 2 dc across.  As long as the 2 groups I do total 60 it will work.  Or I may do 3 dc and 2 fpd (which takes up 5 stitches) and it will come out even because you can divide 5 into 60.  I try to make 300 hats a year to give to a local non-profit corporation for distribution to needy children.  It is a fun project to carry with you when you have to wait for instance in a doctor's office.  Think about it, you use up your old scraps of yarn and make a worthwhile project to give away.
Post time: 2017-5-28 07:04
| Show all posts
It's really kind of you to donate so many hates.  And your crochet tips are very helpful.  Thank you for sharing!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-5-28 07:16
| Show all posts

Comments

Sorry about the type. My iPad thought I needed to say hates instead of hats but I have no idea why. LOL. Technology can be a pain sometimes.  Details Reply Post time 2017-5-28 07:20

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-28 07:20
| Show all posts
WannaCrochet

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-5-28 07:16

You are very welcomed

Sorry about the type.  My iPad thought I needed to say hates instead of hats but I have no idea why.  LOL.  Technology can be a pain sometimes.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-5-28 07:29
| Show all posts
Jo Linz

2017-5-27 18:20

Sorry about the type.  My iPad thought I needed to say hates instead of hats but I have no idea wh ...

I knew you meant hats, so that is fine.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-31 18:15
| Show all posts
thank you for sharing your experience with us , to me is so helpful , thank you !

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-5-31 20:11
| Show all posts
daisy.habibi

2017-5-31 05:15

thank you for sharing your experience with us , to me is so helpful , thank you !

You are very welcomed.  Hope you try it yourself

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-2 07:17
| Show all posts
What a wonderful thing to do.  My knitting guild has a "baby shower" once a year.  Everything that members make is donated to local hospitals.  We also knit for our veterans.  I bring everything to our local Veteran's home.  People think these homes are free, they are not (at least not here).  Most have very little money.  To think they served our country, many injured, and we don't care for them adequately IMHO.  Anyone who knits/crochets for charity should be applauded!  It's just a nice thing to do!

Comments

Sounds like you are in an area where donations are frequent. Hope the people there continue to donate their great projects.  Post time 2017-7-2 08:47

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-20 07:11
| Show all posts
Hi h bfcdxaawzdd c.f. T t h h h uhh j nnnhhhb bbq minute h f2f y g f f for.  B b by in.  Hi I.  Bank

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 17:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056626 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list