Register
View: 336|Reply: 14
Collapse the left

Sharing NOT Selling

[Copy link]
Pindiy
Pindiy  Post time 2017-6-27 03:14 |Read mode
Hello all,

Not sure what is happening lately but a subsequant amount of, especially crochet, patterns seem to be peaking at 200 GC! it is so disappointing to see the amounts listed get out of control for the sake of making a few extra GC. Kinda pricey for a number of members and more importandly not really in the spirit of sharing but more like selling.
Thank you for posting the patterns, that is very kind of you (wish more members would do the same and not the free stuff) but please, have a heart and charge a more reasonable amount for patterns so more members can indulge in the sharing spirit on this forum.  
Thanks!

Comments

Old topic  Post time 2017-7-28 13:01

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-6-29 09:56
| Show all posts
I totally agree.  For principle's sake I don't buy patterns that are overpriced, no matter how much I like them.  I also go out of my way to rate and give coins for reasonably priced patterns.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-27 03:24
| Show all posts
I totally agree with you! I don't crochet but it's the same in the cross stitch section - people are asking for huge amounts of coins and at times for quite small patterns. Not in the spirit of the site at all and just plain greedy!

Comments

PBJ
I saw that as well - really insane prices for some great patterns.  Post time 2017-6-27 03:28
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-27 03:50
| Show all posts
less price more downloads.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-27 04:24
| Show all posts
I completely agree. When you think about it, if you charge less, you will probably earn more GC in the end....just saying. I can understand a high GC on a cross stitch program but certainly not for a pattern....a HAED pattern for example with a high GC, costs just as much to print after being downloaded as to buy it. The same goes for too many pages of knitting or crochet patterns.
Yes the spirit of sharing is certainly being broken and that makes me very

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-27 05:19
| Show all posts
Yes, quantity downloads over higher price will probably results in more GC.  That's a pretty high price IMHO, since you pay for the pattern and then pay for the download on top of it.  I think a reasonable price is 50 GC for a good pattern, especially since you can get 50 GC for logging in each day, it makes it doable even for those who are relatively new.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-27 13:58
| Show all posts
the people doen't realise that they don't win no flowerpot if there level rises,
the only winner is the system,

it is an impertinence, this pattern for 80 coins to post, it was offered till yesterday as free pattern, the anonymously post, brings the worst sides of the people in bright

http://www.pindiy.com/thread-337729-1-1.html

Comments

PBJ
This particular pattern was offered free for a limited time by the designer. It is no longer free, but the member who posted it most likely got it for free.  Post time 2017-6-27 20:12
I think there's a limit to how much you can charge for a free pattern - it's usually 10 coins or something like that but this person has restricted those who can download it too - not at all in the sp  Details Reply Post time 2017-6-27 16:14
PBJ
Yes it does! People are forgetting to actually post a pattern and not just the free stuff. If every active member posted a pattern at a decent price, then it would be an all around win for everyone!  Post time 2017-6-27 14:58

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-27 16:08
| Show all posts
I totally agree with you! I wish they would finally put a limit on how much one can charge for a share and that moderators (and some members) would stop encouraging people to put high prices on patterns, by giving them even more gc or sticking those posts for weeks....
I miss the days, when I shared patterns on picasa.... that was the spirit.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-27 16:14
| Show all posts
greenteas 2017-6-27 13:58
the people doen't realise that they don't win no flowerpot if there level rises,
the only winner is ...

I think there's a limit to how much you can charge for a free pattern - it's usually 10 coins or something like that but this person has restricted those who can download it too - not at all in the spirit of the site!

Comments

and between 5-10 coins for FREE pattern  Post time 2017-6-28 01:10
the limit is 999 coins, can be seen by uploading/posting charts  Post time 2017-6-28 01:09

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

||||FAQ|||Dark room|||www.pindiy.com

2018-10-22 06:44 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.060287 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2018 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list