Register
Search
View: 385|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

New to posting patterns

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-7-28 08:13
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi there!  I'm new to posting here. I tried to follow the instructions on how to post, but I think I made it so someone has to pay to view the thread instead of paying to download the .pdf.  (At least when I logged out and was just a 'guest' that is what it said the thread was). I tried looking at the 'how to post' thread, but I'm seeing a different screen than what they show there so I'm not seeing how I post the .pdf with the cost for people to download it.  I'm getting really confused.  Can someone help me?
 Author| Post time: 2017-7-28 08:20
| Show all posts
Ah ha! I think I figured it out, I have to do new thread while in someone else's pattern to get the screen to post items. Now, how do I delete the first thread I made that was done incorrectly??

Comments

you can't delete it. You have to get in contact with a moderator and she/he will delete it  Post time 2017-7-29 06:14
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-28 09:14
| Show all posts
I don't think you can delete your own post.  Try contacting one of the admins or moderators.  I did the same thing when I first uploaded (some not so pleasant remarks about paying to view were made) but I didn't do it intentionally, I just didn't understand.  The only place you should put a cost is when you upload the file - it will ask you to name the file, specify who can see the file, and the third box will have the cost.  Don't choose anything at the bottom of the post, it's not necessary to post and can be confusing (ask me how I know LOL).  Just hit the button in the lower left hand corner after you've filled everything out.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-28 16:32
| Show all posts
If you post a new thread, and before you click on new thread, you see also additional options, above new thread, click on it and you can remove your thread, but only if you just post it.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-7-28 20:20
| Show all posts
I posted on the thread I wanted deleted to the moderator to please delete it because I goofed.  Is that good enough?  Who should I contact if not?
And thx for the info ladies.  I had chosen new thread out in the group section and it didn't look anything like the how to showed. I accidentally figured out while looking at another cross stitch pattern that if I chose new thread there (while on that pattern page) I actually could post patterns correctly that way. I'm still kind of confused that it works that way, but at least I know now.  
My next noob question is uploading. Is it necessary to post in the body of the thread a picture of what pattern you are uploading so they can see what it looks like completed (another words, I have the pattern, but not a picture of what it will look like completed) or does what you upload show in thread?  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-7-28 20:27
| Show all posts
Ok, so my second attempt was deleted because it was an open file?  Soooooo...how do I make it a non-open file?  LOL  I have 2 .pdf scans.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-31 01:18
| Show all posts
you didn't say if it was to post a pattern or post a finished project.  They are almost the same, but for posting patterns, after you click on image you also ave to click on attach.      First go into "Dairy Crochet or knit or whatever your project is. Select the "Finished Project", put name of project right next to Finished project. Click on Name of Project (toward the right), click on "image, browse and pick your picture that is saved to your computer & click it, slick on and go towards the bottom to "Save". Put the name of the project in the area where the pic will go (you won't see the pic until you save), go down to bottom and hit save draft. It will take a few seconds but the pic will appear. let me know if you understand what I wrote or if you have any problems.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-7-31 01:28
| Show all posts
It was posting a pattern. I just downloaded winzip for free and made 'em into zip files.    

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-7-31 06:32
| Show all posts
Here's another question for you guys. I have a 'pattern' for silverware pockets (made with felt). Is that something that can be uploaded here for people to use or no?  If yes, then what area would I upload them in.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-20 02:58
| Show all posts
Be is. Is a chai French jeans with fiend sjjendjsnejsjdwnwnn Chen died enuf wind Jen dnjwnd

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 06:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067386 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list