Forgot password?
 Register
View: 455|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

I'm new and already lost!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-8-2 04:37
| Show all posts |Read mode
I found the pattern I've been searching for:  Must Be St. Nick #8567, but I don't understand the "gold coins" and such. I thought I'd paid the 35 gold coins it said it cost, but it took my coins then told me I couldn't get it...or something like that.  Is there a tutorial or something I can read/watch to explain what I'm supposed to do?  I have some patterns I can post as well.
Post time: 2017-8-2 05:43
| Show all posts
you have to pay coins to 'purchase' the rights to download the pattern and then have coins to actually download the pattern.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-2 09:32
| Show all posts
Edited by cassie_ at 2017-8-2 09:48

For that particular pattern there are 3 files and a cost attached for each file.
You have to make sure you have enough gold to cover the site's download fee of 30 gold  per file (not displayed in this listing as it is in others) AND the price of the file if there is one.  
For this pattern, the price of each file is 35, so you would need 65 gold to be able to download each file. All 3 files are needed for the entire pattern, so your total cost would be 195 gold.

8567 Must Be St. Nick Stocking 1.rar (6.6 MB, Downloads: 49, Price: 35 Gold Coin)
8567 Must Be St. Nick Stocking 2.rar (7.09 MB, Downloads: 39, Price: 35 Gold Coin)
8567 Must Be St. Nick Stocking 3.rar (6.43 MB, Downloads: 44, Price: 35 Gold Coin)

There are tutorials in the Forum Bulletin area. Here are a couple of tutorials for posting:
Posting in Crochet forum:
http://www.pindiy.com/thread-282074-1-1.html
Posting in Cross Stitch forums:
http://www.pindiy.com/thread-144749-1-1.html

I hope this helps!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-8-2 23:52
| Show all posts
Thank you everyone.  I was able to download one.  I just need to acquire enough coins to get the other two.  I do have a couple of cross stitch patterns I can offer for the forum as well.  I'll look into how to do this soon.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-4 09:57
| Show all posts
I can relate to how you feel, I've been here awhile and still get confused.  Posted incorrectly a few times so I need to be more diligent!  We'll get the hang of things eventually.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-11 03:42
| Show all posts
Logging in every day will earn you 50 gold coins or GCs as they are known. Complimenting others' work and thanking people for sharing patterns earn you 5 GCs each time you reply. And doing Promotions will earn you GCs. Eventually you can build them up and buy the patterns you really like. It takes a little patience and time.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-8-15 02:39
| Show all posts
Thank you tricialynn!  Slowly but surely I'll get there.  I appreciate your assistance!!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-8-15 02:39
| Show all posts
Thank you TheKnitter!  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-20 02:51
| Show all posts
#Quick Reply Here#dis xnaj. He Che Chaka xs

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 03:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069951 sec., 9 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list