Forgot password?
 Register
View: 372|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

Ripping out cross stitch

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2017-8-3 10:53 |Read mode
Any one have any favorite methods for ripping out larger sections of cross stitch?  I pick away slowly with a scissors and my needle and it's a slow painful process.  Any suggestions on a faster method would be appreciated!  

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-8-3 15:14
| Show all posts
i am interested in how to do that
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-3 15:58
| Show all posts
It isn´t a easy method... I make the inverse way of embroidery ... I will write in portuguese and you try to translate:
desmancho duas ou três cruzes, corto a linha e depois outras tantas, se desmanchar com uma linha comprida, acaba por demorar mais. Se usar a tesoura pode estragar o pano.
You must to be pacient...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-3 15:59
| Show all posts
I answered, but the text disappear... sorry...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-3 19:59
| Show all posts
You can get a tool that helps you unpick threads - might be called a seam ripper or something like that - but I've never used one.  You have to be careful that you don't snag your fabric but I've heard using one of these makes it easier  to unpick that way.  I just do it the old fashioned way with a needle and scissors and it's definitely time consuming but these things have to be done at times!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-4 10:03
| Show all posts
Edited by Inchmahome at 2017-8-4 10:04

Use a seam ripper, just be careful to not go too fast if you're stitching on linen because you might catch the linen and rip that too :O
Then after that, go and pick out all the thread bits with a pair of tweezers.

Comments

I do it exactly that way, and so far i have never had any problems, touch wood!!  Post time 2017-8-6 14:33

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-8 11:10
| Show all posts
Thanks Everyone!
I was hoping for a new fast paced method of removing but I guess we all use the same tried and true and slow way of taking it out!

Comments

Unfortunately not as I found out last night! I had to pull out a huge chunk of a stitching as apparently I still, even after stitching for all these years, can't count!!  Details Reply Post time 2017-8-9 23:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-9 23:10
| Show all posts

Unfortunately not as I found out last night!  I had to pull out a huge chunk of a stitching as apparently I still, even after stitching for all these years, can't count!!

Comments

Yes, I've had that issue too! It helps now that I grid everything. My question was prompted though because I wanted to change a design that I had already stitched! Lots of ripping in my future.  Post time 2017-8-10 02:31

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-11 01:25 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.096766 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list