| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 243|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

Aida Cloth. Different than it used to be?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-10-8 08:01
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi folks,

I just got a new piece of 16 count aida to start a project. It's a quality brand fabric but it just seems like it's not very nice stuff!  I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a difference in aida quality from years past?  I recently stitched a pattern on a piece of aida that had been hanging out in my fabric stash for a couple of decades.  It was a lovely piece of fabric nothing like the brand new piece that I'm working on now.

So, am I suffering from an over active imagination and a case of "life was better in the old days" or is there really a change in the quality of the fabric?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Post time: 2017-10-8 08:03
| Show all posts
Edited by chapstick at 2017-10-8 08:05

Different brands definitely have different levels of quality. You will have to buy better stuff. I can't make any specific suggestions because I've been stitching entirely kits lately so I'm not sure what brands are best.

Comments

All I've ever used is Zweigart and haven't noticed a difference. Been stitching for 50+ years.  Post time 2017-10-9 08:00
Indeed zweigart is very good, I buy Beijer 14 count also very good, work years with it.  Post time 2017-10-8 13:58
I bought Zweigart. That's suppose to be one of the best.  Post time 2017-10-8 08:20
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-18 06:04
| Show all posts

Zweigart is generally really good. Weird. Maybe it has changed over time. I've only been stitching for a decade so it's hard for me to tell. I'm sorry the new stuff didn't feel nice for you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-29 02:09
| Show all posts
Sally Sue I have found the same thing. I prefer Charlescraft Aida but since it rolled into DMC the fabric is not the same quality. I will be switching to Zweigart which is more expensive and difficult to find near my home.

Comments

Thanks! I thought that I was imaging things but when I went back and looked at things I stitched years ago the fabric was much nicer. It was a tighter weave so you didn't see all the holes.  Post time 2021-3-29 23:34

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-30 06:55
| Show all posts
d3lta

Login/Register to enlarge
2021-3-28 10:09

Sally Sue I have found the same thing. I prefer Charlescraft Aida but since it rolled into DMC the f ...

That is exactly what I have found.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-14 13:21
| Show all posts
Hello there other person

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 10:26 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066967 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list