Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: TheKnitter
Collapse the left

Cost of items

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-11-14 22:36
| Show all posts
TheKnitter 2017-11-13 14:12
If I had multiple part files I wouldn't charge at all since each one would cost 30 GC.  I've seen  ...

I have a question about multiple part files.  
Example:  When a book or magazine is broken down into 6 parts I've noticed that the download number for each part is not equal which I take to mean people can download just the part they are interested in.  Is there a way to determine the contents of each individual part?

Comments

If it's split properly, you actually need all the parts to make it work. If you don't download them all you won't get the item. Then, there are people who will take a file and literally break the pa  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-16 03:09
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-14 23:13
| Show all posts
TheKnitter 2017-11-13 14:07
Apparently people don't get the "sharing" part of the site.  I am delighted when I find an older p ...

I seems to be how it works...  Sites start off with a majority of the patterns being freely shared and then the price starts to slowly creep up until they reach the ridiculous stage.  I'm in the same Medicare boat you're in so keeping within a budget is necessary.

Thinking about the multi-part files and the 30GC fee charged for each, I wonder what PinDIY spends it's GC's on?

Comments

I don't think they spend it on anything, it's not real money. They probably do it so people don't continually download - it prevents mass downloading IMHO. I think it's way to much 30 GC but I don't  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-15 03:56

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-11-15 03:56
| Show all posts
jademonkey 2017-11-14 10:13
I seems to be how it works...  Sites start off with a majority of the patterns being freely shared ...

I don't think they spend it on anything, it's not real money.  They probably do it so people don't continually download - it prevents mass downloading IMHO.  I think it's way to much 30 GC but I don't run the site LOL.

Comments

Hahaha, yeah, I didn't think those GC's were going to get me too far at Walmart! You're probably right about the 30 GC preventing mass downloading. But, PinDIY also takes a "fee" from the person  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-16 02:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-15 08:43
| Show all posts
If it's split properly you can't even open it without all attachments, but even if files are split and then zipped then no there is no way to tell what's in it until downloaded. But if I recall rightly you actually still get charged the 'cost' regardless of which part you download first, at least on ones with a singular cost involved. So the number difference is more likely to be because a download failed and they had to re-download, or a mod is checking if it downloads properly because someone said it failed, rather than people only choosing certain parts. Or people like me can't afford to get all at once so collect it bit by bit over time.

For the record I wasn't trying to not pay for a pattern! I just have a habit of starting from the bottom and working my way up through parts. It's just less mouse movement from the comments and rating section and I have carpal tunnel so easier for me

Comments

I'm interested in 1 pattern offered in a multi-part book of 8. I've tried to like a few of the remaining 7 but I know I'd never make them. When I add up the book price + the several 30GC fees it's r  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-16 02:33

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-16 02:22
| Show all posts
TheKnitter 2017-11-14 14:56
I don't think they spend it on anything, it's not real money.  They probably do it so people don't ...

Hahaha, yeah, I didn't think those GC's were going to get me too far at Walmart!  

You're probably right about the 30 GC preventing mass downloading.  
But, PinDIY also takes a "fee" from the person who uploaded the pattern each time it's "bought".  

Comments

Maybe the mods and techs get those GC so they can download also??? Perhaps they don't get to download for free just because they volunteer their time. Clueless as to why they do what they do but it'  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-16 03:11

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-16 02:33
| Show all posts
MadCatter 2017-11-14 19:43
If it's split properly you can't even open it without all attachments, but even if files are split a ...

I'm interested in 1 pattern offered in a multi-part book of 8.  I've tried to like a few of the remaining 7 but I know I'd never make them.  When I add up the book price + the several 30GC fees it's really not worth it.  

Comments

MadCatter - it's about greed basically. Think about the time you put in on this site to get enough GC to "buy" something that cost 100 GC and another 30 GC to download - is your time not valuable als  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-19 08:12
Yes that is what I was wondering and is what I thought, just checking I understood correctly!  Post time 2017-11-17 07:16
This thread is about the high GC of some patterns. To "pay" an outrageous price feels like I approving the greed. I'm not necessarily boycotting I just would like a fairer price. When is anything  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-17 01:11
I wonder as you have 910k why you would even worry? Are you boycotting because you think the cost is outrageous, even though it is still essentially free? I don't understand this part  Post time 2017-11-16 02:59

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-11-16 03:09
| Show all posts
jademonkey 2017-11-14 09:36
I have a question about multiple part files.  
Example:  When a book or magazine is broken down in ...

If it's split properly, you actually need all the parts to make it work.  If you don't download them all you won't get the item.  Then, there are people who will take a file and literally break the pages up so they are under the limit for an individual upload.  Those types can be used independently but you don't know how the items was split until you actually download.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-11-16 03:11
| Show all posts
jademonkey 2017-11-15 13:22
Hahaha, yeah, I didn't think those GC's were going to get me too far at Walmart!  

You're probabl ...

Maybe the mods and techs get those GC so they can download also???  Perhaps they don't get to download for free just because they volunteer their time.  Clueless as to why they do what they do but it's evident they are not about to change anything 'cause we don't know why or don't like it LOL...

Comments

The mods see the photos and attachments so I doubt they can't download. I'm pretty sure it's one of those questions we'll never have an answer to.  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-17 00:54

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-17 00:54
| Show all posts
TheKnitter 2017-11-15 14:11
Maybe the mods and techs get those GC so they can download also???  Perhaps they don't get to down ...

The mods see the photos and attachments so I doubt they can't download.  I'm pretty sure it's one of those questions we'll never have an answer to.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-17 01:11
| Show all posts
jademonkey 2017-11-15 13:33
I'm interested in 1 pattern offered in a multi-part book of 8.  I've tried to like a few of the re ...

This thread is about the high GC of some patterns.  To "pay" an outrageous price feels like I approving the greed.  I'm not necessarily boycotting I just would like a fairer price.  
When is anything actually free, lol!  The majority of patterns I've uploaded did cost real money.  
I actively uploaded needed to reach DIY.2 to be able to access the "read permission" (restricted) patterns I liked.  Now that I have access my uploading has cut way back.

Comments

Yes, the things I've uploaded cost REAL money too and yet I felt greedy charing 75 GC for something I paid quite a bit of money for. Practically every post today was 100 GC with a few 80 GC. I work  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-19 08:02

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 16:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.112360 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list