| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 439|Reply: 16
Collapse the left

Trouble with french designer Alice and co.

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2017-11-13 23:23 |Read mode
I have been trying to order a couple of designs from this french company.  Their website isn't user friendly and you cannot buy their designs online. You have to print out an order form and email it.
They want you to pay either by cheque, paypal or bank transfer.  I don't have a chequebook,  I hate Paypal and so I thought I could pay by bank transfer.  This last option wasn't suggested to me at all. I have lost my patience with Emmanuelle Carre Briand and now I don't want to order from her.

I will try a bounty request instead.

Comments

Old/Solved topic  Post time 2017-12-19 22:15

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-11-13 23:36
| Show all posts
You're right - their website isn't particularly user friendly!  I can understand designers not wanting to sell their designs as PDFs and only wanting to use Paypal - or bank transfer, although I wouldn't be happy using this method and I don't have a cheque book anymore - Paypal at least both the seller and buyer have some kind of protection and it's universal practically.  Lots of designs are shared online!!  And this harms the business of smaller business quite a bit.  It's probably a bit ironic to say something like this on a site like this but file sharing has caused a lot of companies to close so it's a bit of a Catch 22 situation!  

Comments

It's so easy to create a very nice pdf file these days that I think they are doing themselves out of business by not being user friendly (as experienced by the original poster here!).  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-14 03:18
I understand your point about file sharing, but here I was offering real money and yet I was knocked back!!!! Go figure.  Post time 2017-11-14 00:24
The third option of bank transfer I could do,but she did not offer this at all in her replies to me, and yet IBAN bank transfer is offered on her site - that's what I find hard to understand.  Post time 2017-11-14 00:23
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-14 01:58
| Show all posts
How weird. You would think they would try and work with you on the different payment options

Comments

It was a very weird experience. I mentioned IBAN a few times but she completely ignored that, so much for the sisterhood of embroiderers!!!  Post time 2017-11-14 02:34

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-14 03:18
| Show all posts

It's so easy to create a very nice pdf file these days that I think they are doing themselves out of business by not being user friendly (as experienced by the original poster here!).  

Comments

The notion of commerciality, customer service and enterprise hasn't reached these parts yet. I have lived in france for 12 years now, I am no longer surprised by their attitude!!!  Post time 2017-11-14 03:24

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-14 03:28
| Show all posts
In these pays of instant payments and instant downloads, they will lose a lot of trade doing business they way they are

Comments

That doesn't seem to occur to them. Sometimes I think france is stuck in a timewarp.  Post time 2017-11-14 03:36

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-19 04:45
| Show all posts
Depending on what kind of bank account you have, foreign transfers are expensive unless you can do a debit card transaction. I had such a big argument and dispute with Paypal I'll never use it again!

Comments

I still can't understand why she did not want to give me the bank details, it's all rather odd. It was my choice after all. I've had problems with paypal for years, their system doesn't work!!!  Post time 2017-11-19 09:10
I live in france and have a french bank so it wasn't really a problem for me. I recently ordered something from Estonia, paid by bank transfer and the fee was negligible.  Post time 2017-11-19 09:07

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-21 05:06
| Show all posts
It says you can pay by IBAN and to contact her? If you live in France I don't see a problem.

Comments

... unpleasant about the whole thing. I was very polite and tried not to be a nuisance, so IBAN seemed the best option but she refused to send me the bank details - why????  Post time 2017-11-21 18:38
That's right, there should be no problem!!! So why did she keep ignoring me when I suggested paying by IBAN - very strange behaviour. In the end I offered to send the money by post - she was very...  Post time 2017-11-21 18:36

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-11 10:21 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080944 sec., 24 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list