Forgot password?
 Register
View: 1081|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

Size chart for dresses ?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-12-14 01:44
| Show all posts |Read mode
I'm searching for a baby's or infants size chart to make a crochet dress, the Internets is not that much helpful is searched and couldn't find , if y any one have a sizes\measurements chart for newborn to 24 month baby please share it with me i would love to make a dress based on unified baby's sizes\measurements <3

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-12-14 08:51
| Show all posts
Edited by WeepingAngel at 2017-12-14 08:55

I dont think you will find a "universal standard" for these measurements, as there is a great variation amongst the designers just as there are amongst babies, but general size tables can be found about the place. Measuring the baby you are constructing for and approximating by using the tables of averages is probably the best way to go:

for example:

Login/Register to enlarge

Comments

Excellent information!  Details Reply Post time 2022-7-9 20:30
Great information, thank you for sharing it with us.  Details Reply Post time 2017-12-17 03:26
i followed this and it turned out really small  Details Reply Post time 2017-12-15 23:45

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +1 Collapse Reason
Sash/NeLi + 1 Usefull

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-20 22:12
| Show all posts
Edited by WeepingAngel at 2017-12-20 22:41

Anna, I went back to the pattern and read all of the designer's instructions and checked her measurements for the Cream Pink Baby dress and I think you are right...the pattern states that the finished chest measurements are as follows:
Cute Baby dress measurements.jpg

but when I compare the designer's measurements against the table I posted above (which I found on the Craft Yarn Council Website), the 18-24 months size is 18 inches or 47cm compared to the recommended 20 inch or 50cm. Thats a huge difference!! especially at that age group where children are growing very fast and if you want the child to wear it for one season (or 3 months) it has to be a comfortably loose fit to begin with. I think that the little Cream Pink Baby Dress is very pretty indeed, but I think you will only be able to make it for your 6-9 month old girl without major alterations to the pattern.

I would like to suggest that there are some wonderful crocheters who have posted step-by step pattern/constructions of little girls dresses (from start to finish) on YouTube.  You can even stitch-along if you like (I enjoy that very much).  Please consider browsing through all the different projects, Im sure you will find something that you will enjoy creating. Just search "crochet little girl's dress" or "crochet dress for newborn or 2yr old etc."  I've found some real gems there and I hope you will, too.

Comments

thank you i will try it  Details Reply Post time 2017-12-21 13:28
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-17 06:27
| Show all posts
WeepingAngel

2017-12-16 16:24

Hi Anna33, if your project turned out too small you will then have to take into consideration the ga ...

i actually did , the gauge say 2 inches (5,1 cm) = 9 DC x 4 rows , and i made a square before starting , but i think the Instructions here
http://www.pindiy.com/thread-333766-1-1.html
are not good and small , i made a dress for 24 month and i was shock cause it turned out small and i used 4 play yarn , and checked the gauge several time and it was right , and i tried another type of the artist dresses and i think her Instructions
  are not right , so i guess i have to make my own but its hard..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-16 16:24
| Show all posts
Hi Anna33, if your project turned out too small you will then have to take into consideration the gauge instructions. As you probably know, the size of the crochet hook you use and the thickness of your yarn are critical in determining how big the garment will be. What ply is the yarn that you want to use? its a great idea to always crochet a square and then take accurate measurements (which are usually listed on the pattern) to see if your work (and that includes the tension of your stitch and the thickness of the fibre you are using) are the same as those specified by the designer.

Comments

i actually did , the gauge say 2 inches (5,1 cm) = 9 DC x 4 rows , and i made a square before starting , but i think the Instructions here http://www.pindiy.com/thread-333766-1-1.html are not good and  Details Reply Post time 2017-12-17 06:27

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-17 03:26
| Show all posts
WeepingAngel

2017-12-13 19:51

I dont think you will find a "universal standard" for these measurements, as there is a great variat ...

Great information, thank you for sharing it with us.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-15 23:45
| Show all posts
WeepingAngel

2017-12-14 08:51

I dont think you will find a "universal standard" for these measurements, as there is a great variat ...

i followed this and it turned out really small

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-15 23:44
| Show all posts
sundrop016

2017-12-14 05:02

what size are you looking for?  Big difference between newborn and 24 months. How old is the baby?

i want for 6-9 month and 2 years old

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-7-9 20:30
| Show all posts
WeepingAngel

2017-12-13 19:51

Excellent information!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-21 13:28
| Show all posts
WeepingAngel

2017-12-20 22:12

Anna, I went back to the pattern and read all of the designer's instructions and checked her measure ...

thank you i will try it <3

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-14 05:02
| Show all posts
what size are you looking for?  Big difference between newborn and 24 months. How old is the baby?

Comments

i want for 6-9 month and 2 years old  Details Reply Post time 2017-12-15 23:44

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 22:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.060817 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list