| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 3425|Reply: 30
Collapse the left

[Knitting] Addi Easy Knits 10" circulars?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-1-3 08:20
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hello!

Has anyone used the the Addi Easy Knit 10" circulars?  There are not a lot of sizes but they look interesting.  I'd never heard of these or seen them until recently.  One needle tip is really short, while the other is longer.  Have a look:

addi-Easy-Knit-01.jpg

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Author| Post time: 2018-1-6 07:33
| Show all posts

The Denise set was my first set of circulars when I first started knitting again as an adult.  I've had them for 10 years.  I never had any problems with them coming apart, although one of the joins broke once.  They replaced the cord right away.  My Denise issues were with the joins not being smooth; I was knitting lace at the time.  They got a lot of play until I learned about the addis circulars.  The addis were perfect for me for knitting lace.  When the addi clicks came out, I was ecstatic.  My Denise set rarely gets used.  Only when I need a needle size that I haven't got an addi for, like 10.5 and 10.75.  I have multiples of different sizes in the addi circs, outside of my interchangeables. I love the slickness of the metal and the flexible cords.  I have bamboo dpns, goodness knows I need all the grip I can get with dpns...

Comments

I agree about the bamboo for dpn's. But since I don't use them anymore. I don't have that problem.  Post time 2018-1-6 08:46
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-4 05:50
| Show all posts
bevcustom

Login/Register to enlarge
2018-1-2 21:42

I use the chaiogoo interchangeable needles.  I purchased the tips I use the most, then ordered diffe ...

Thank you!  I have the addi interchangeable set and the pink denise interchangeable set.  I love them!  Sometimes, my needle tips are too long for sleeves and other small circles, that's when I use my 16" needles.  I don't have a full set of those yet, but I'll probably get there eventually.  The needle tips are a lot shorter on the 16" ones than in my sets.  Do the chiaogoo needle tips come in different lengths?
I think I'm going to give the addi easy knit needles a try in the next size I need.  If I don't like them, I would have tried something new this year...:)

Comments

The chiaogoo needle tips come in 4" and 5" lengths. I prefer the 5" because they are easier to hold onto, but with that saying, I use the magic loop, so my cables are 36" to 60" long. I absolutely lov  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-4 06:23

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-6 07:38
| Show all posts
SallySue

2018-1-4 06:08

You could just buy one pair of Clover bamboo needles.  They run about $10 at JoAnn's and you can a ...

That's true, I could.  I had a really long clover circ in US1 that I was going to use to learn magic loop for socks.  After I'd had it for years and never used it or learned magic loop, I decided to give it to a friend a few years ago who wanted to learn magic loop to knit socks.  So, I never got the feel of it.  Now, I'm thinking of getting a 16" and a 24" in US 10 for making a colorwork sweater on chunky yarn.  Thank you for your suggestion.  If those addi tips could be mixed and matched in different sets, I'd just get some US10 bamboo tips to try them out.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-4 10:28
| Show all posts
SallySue

2018-1-3 16:41

I have the addi click interchangeable needles.  I needed shorter needles though so bought a set of C ...

My addi click set is metal; I tend to like my needles slick.  Do you know if the different types of tips are interchangeable with different sets?  I was watching a craftsy class by Eunny Jang, the sweater adventure one, and she said bamboo is really good for colorwork because it grips the yarn better (she explained).  I'd like to try the addi bamboo, but not enough to commit to a whole set.  I probably won't buy any more interchangeable sets.... unless something AMAZING comes along and I can't resist.

Comments

You could just buy one pair of Clover bamboo needles. They run about $10 at JoAnn's and you can always get 50% off coupons. That's what I did. I then decided I liked them enough to invest in the co  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-4 22:08

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-4 06:30
| Show all posts
bevcustom

2018-1-3 14:23

The chiaogoo needle tips come in 4" and 5" lengths. I prefer the 5" because they are easier to hol ...

Yeah, every time I switch to the 16" needles I have to get used to the shorter length all over again.  When I go back to my regulars, the longer tips feel awkward until I get used to THEM.  I'm going to learn magic loop this year and get some longer cables for my addi set.  I don't think the denise cables are that flexible, so I won't bother.  Cheers to new skills!

Comments

I have the Denise set, and don't care for them. I only use them when I haven't got a free needle size. They tend to come apart. I wrote to them, and they did replace the cables, however, it does no  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-4 07:07

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-3 13:42
| Show all posts
I use the chaiogoo interchangeable needles.  I purchased the tips I use the most, then ordered different cable lengths for different projects.  I knowe several people who have used the addi needles, and their quality is good.  You might want to consider purchasing from hansom fibers in Oregon. They have wonderful service and stand behind their products.  They carry a large selection of name brand needles.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-4 22:08
| Show all posts
loveinspanish

2018-1-4 10:28

My addi click set is metal; I tend to like my needles slick.  Do you know if the different types o ...

You could just buy one pair of Clover bamboo needles.  They run about $10 at JoAnn's and you can always get 50% off coupons.  That's what I did.  I then decided I liked them enough to invest in the complete set.  I watched them on ebay for awhile and got a pretty good deal.

Comments

That's true, I could. I had a really long clover circ in US1 that I was going to use to learn magic loop for socks. After I'd had it for years and never used it or learned magic loop, I decided to g  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-6 07:38

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-4 06:23
| Show all posts
loveinspanish

2018-1-3 13:50

Thank you!  I have the addi interchangeable set and the pink denise interchangeable set.  I love t ...

The chiaogoo needle tips come in 4" and 5" lengths. I prefer the 5" because they are easier to hold onto, but with that saying, I use the magic loop, so my cables are 36" to 60" long. I absolutely love these needles.

Comments

Yeah, every time I switch to the 16" needles I have to get used to the shorter length all over again. When I go back to my regulars, the longer tips feel awkward until I get used to THEM. I'm going  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-4 06:30

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-4 07:07
| Show all posts
loveinspanish

2018-1-3 14:30

Yeah, every time I switch to the 16" needles I have to get used to the shorter length all over aga ...

I have the Denise set, and don't care for them.  I only use them when I haven't got a free needle size.  They tend to come apart.  I wrote to them, and they did replace the cables, however, it does not help.

Comments

The Denise set was my first set of circulars when I first started knitting again as an adult. I've had them for 10 years. I never had any problems with them coming apart, although one of the joins b  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-6 07:33

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-4 08:41
| Show all posts
I have the addi click interchangeable needles.  I needed shorter needles though so bought a set of Clover interchangeable needles.  The Clover aren't as good as the addi but they came in bamboo.  You can't get the shorter tip addi's in wood so the Clover was a nice option.

Comments

My addi click set is metal; I tend to like my needles slick. Do you know if the different types of tips are interchangeable with different sets? I was watching a craftsy class by Eunny Jang, the swe  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-4 10:28

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-5 07:18
| Show all posts
I haven't used these.  Thanks for posting, I will look for them.

Comments

You're welcome. Aren't they interesting? They don't come in anything larger than a US5, I think. I want to try them to see what they feel like.  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-6 07:39

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 11:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.117394 sec., 31 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list