| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 254|Reply: 8
Collapse the left

Changing colors in a cross stitch pattern.

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-1-15 23:14
| Show all posts |Read mode
Does anyone have any tips about changing floss colors in a cross stitch pattern?  I've changed a few colors in a pattern every once in awhile without problems.  But I'm having issues with changing a lot of them.  I love the Moira Blackburn sampler patterns but the floss colors are just way too pastel for my tastes.  I tried redoing the colors but it was a disaster.  
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Post time: 2018-1-16 07:36
| Show all posts
Ask Sylvana, she does stitchwork

Comments

Thanks for the tip!  Post time 2018-1-17 08:04
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-16 18:50
| Show all posts
Which Moira Blackburn pattern are you looking to change colours for?

Comments

Sorry it was Time and Season.  Post time 2018-1-17 08:07
The one that I tried was Grow Like a Tree. However, I love all of her patterns but hate the colors!  Post time 2018-1-17 08:04

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-17 16:50
| Show all posts
Edited by jazzo at 2018-1-17 23:10

I would first select the fabric and then throw colour skeins on it, to make my decision, although the pattern you have selected has the choice of colours and fabric to reflect an antique look

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-1 06:45
| Show all posts
I always do a "floss toss" of the original colors then decide if I want to go darker or completely different colors I then do a "floss toss" of those on the fabric.
If is is a sampler I lay the flosses somewhat in the way they would be on the pattern, and see is I like it.  I also have all the DMC in my boxes so I can pick color families easy that way. If you don't have that ,you could use the color card online on the DMC site.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-31 03:33
| Show all posts
I agree with what the Stitch Fairy has said that way you can actually see if the fabric and threads work altogether. If you use DMC embroidery floss a guide is available online to help. DMC color families guide (from mystitchworld online) that I use to go darker or lighter when I am changing colors. This guide is also helpful for trying to decide on fabric color as most retailers match fabric to DMC numbers.   

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-14 13:29
| Show all posts
G h j f d sa dvdtv y I love the love you honey bunny kisses kisses and kisses kisses to you

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 08:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069025 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list