Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 2407|Reply: 20
Collapse the left

[Crochet] Best crochet hook for pencil grip crocheter

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-1-17 18:37
| Show all posts |Read mode
I love to crochet but it has taken a toll on my thumbs and wrist. I use normal 2mm aluminium hook but I think they are to thin for me. Do you have any suggestions on good, confortable hooks?
Thanks in advance

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-6-25 13:33
| Show all posts
I’ve tried pretty much every type of hook there is.  I find it’s very much tied to hand shape and finger length to be comfortable, so what I suggest is to buy 1 hook from each manufacturere or type and use them for a while in the same short period to see what you observe.  I found some types felt fine until I’d used them for an hour or more while others felt uncomfortable almost immediately.  If you have someone you could borrow from, that would be even better. I tried to keep the sizes all close together in the range that I use most, not too large as those affect how I crochet.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-28 01:32
| Show all posts
I've been a loyal Susan Bates user since my youth, but lately my hands have been cramping and I drop more stitches than I'd like.  My fiance got me a set of the Clover Amour hooks as a present and I am over the moon!  These are by far the most comfortable hooks I've ever used, I've stopped cramping and dropping stitches and I feel like I have to fight for tension when I'm making lace.

They don't dig into your hand or rub a sore spot, and I'm can rest the hook on my thumb and use it for the majority of movement, so less hand/wrist/finger twisting.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-9-15 04:29
| Show all posts
A numeração da agulha vai depender do fio que estiver utilizando. A escolha da agulha é muito pessoal. As mais famosas são Tulip e Clover. Mas você precisa experimentar, porque vai depender do jeito que você segura a agulha. Verifique também se não está forçando muito os seus pontos e tente puxar menos o fio.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-9-27 12:31
| Show all posts
I used the metal ones when I was younger. However, now, I find the Tulip brand easier to work with. I have also tried the Pony one with the same size, but I still prefer Tulip. I am still hunting other brands to check and see.  I will update this response when the other hook brands that I bought arrived.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-29 17:47
| Show all posts
clover soft touch for me and I put nail vernish on them to add some lovely colours :loveliness: (bye bye dull brownish colour)
I tried the tulip, the rascol and the clover amour but it didn't feel right, they're good products but I prefer the soft touch ones.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-6 20:22
| Show all posts
the steel one sometimes hurt my thumb because of the number written on it, so i just use some plaster (band-aid) to cover it and give me more grip. but usually i've been using the wood one, with the wood handle. i find it very confortable for use!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-19 07:08
| Show all posts
Olá! As agulhas com cabo emborrachado ajudam bastante nesses casos. Muitas pessoas gostam das marcas Tulip e Clover, duas marcas de referência, com este tipo de cabo.

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +1 Collapse Reason
figueirinha + 1 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-18 05:58
| Show all posts
I make handles out of loom bands for my metal needles, there is a good  Youtube video by Dr. Loom to show how to do this.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-28 05:25
| Show all posts
use hooks with rubberized cable or with thicker cable! Sell ​​on Aliexpress and Wish

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-8-4 05:04
| Show all posts
I love my clover amour, since I got them I've never looked back

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-3 08:13
| Show all posts
I cover the needle with polymer clay

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-12 19:29
| Show all posts
Clover, for me there are so nice but so expensive

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-2 14:04
| Show all posts
I love Boye easy grip

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-26 18:46
| Show all posts
Thank you very much!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 00:28 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.126297 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list