Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 630|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

Cross Stitch Charts in xsd

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-2-21 16:12
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hello to those who cross stitch. Is it just me or does it seem that lately instead of a scanned charts being posted that many are in xsd format? I downloaded the xsd program quite some time ago for a lot of coins but to use it to make my own charts out of imported photos. But to pay 100 gc (or more) for a xsd I only did once and most likely won't do again.
I do recognize and appreciate both the time and effort it takes for someone to create a xsd and understand the gc cost being attached to it. But personally, I prefer a really great scanned chart.
Just wondering how do other cross stitchers feel? Do you download xsd's? Does it matter to you whether or not you pay just as high a price if it were scanned?

Post time: 2018-2-23 07:44
| Show all posts
Personally, I love the repaints/xsd files if just because it allows a bit more flexibility. With the XSD, I have the option of converting colours - either the set, or the  colour scheme of the pattern itself - a LOT easier than you can with a scan. As well, the print-outs tend to be much more readable.

On the flip side, I almost prefer the scans because they show the original if you're in doubt of a repaint. Both, to me, is optimal.

Costwise on here. . .well, I could understand it if the cost went to the uploader. . .the person who did all the work and shared. But from what I read, they don't get it. . .and in that case I highly protest the cost. I mean, what's the point?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-23 11:47
| Show all posts
Hi, Welcome to the site.  I see you are brand new.  I'm sending you some coins for when you can make purchases which won't be until you reach Level 2.

I don't cross stitch.  I knit and crochet. That being said, be very careful where you spend your coins.  It started out with one person being very greedy and then the rest followed.  I, personally, will not spend over 50 coins for a pattern because truthfully mst of the patterns are just not worth it.  I don't like it when people become greedy and i don't rate them or buy their patterns.

Comments

Well said, I agree 100%!  Post time 2018-4-2 14:15

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-23 13:28
| Show all posts
Aww. Aww. Thank you so very much sundrop. The coin is very much appreciated. *hugs* I have been finding it difficult figuring out how to make daily coins. I don't talk all *that* much. Its exhausting to me. Yeah. I'm thinking that patterns I get here will have to be patterns I'm desperate to find, that I can't find anywhere else. I'm also working on a repaint that I may be able to share. Eventually. (Slow going! Couldn't get a decent scan.)

Yes, I knit as well - and crochet. . .well, *starting* to learn that, but for some reason its harder to learn than knitting was. (I've heard this from other people too. You learn one no problem, then you try to learn the other and it's more difficult. Sort of like we carry over our expectations from the other or something. lol) Been trying to make myself a decent toque all winter, though, with no success. lol Suddenly became all thumbs with the yarn!

So. . .how do you get 'greedy' with digital files? I mean, I could understand if there was a daily download limit. But it does not cost anything for people to take a copy (other than bandwidth, but that could be helped by limiting the number of downloads one could have in a set period). Guess I don't get that any more than I get why people would 'retire' digital patterns, or books. I mean, I get not printing them and mailing them again. But . . .digital. But yeah. Guess that's me.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-2-24 11:11
| Show all posts
PuppyMom - you earn 50 daily coins by logging in. And 5 coins for replying to other peoples posts (though make sure you wait a little before clicking Reply if you don't it won't give you anything). I also knit and can crochet a square other than that I am lost. Posting a New Post like this one will earn you 20 coins. Uploading earns you points however there have been some controversy that some say they aren't getting as many coins as there have been downloads of their posts. You only receive a portion of what Pindiy charges. And there are also promotions. As for xsd I have to  rely that the person followed the chart exactly and without making mistakes. I assume that people doing them try their best but I imagine that the large ones would be difficult.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-25 23:23
| Show all posts
No I download anymore xsd files, you need a special programm to open it, that is only what In know.

Comments

Thanks for your comment.  Post time 2018-2-26 22:59
I got the program on here about a year ago. There was a chart I paid 200 gc for but I don't bother with them now. I only download scans or magazines.  Post time 2018-2-26 13:54

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-31 11:36
| Show all posts

Help! Need App to open xsd file!

Edited by qltdswan at 2018-7-31 11:40

Hi! I'm new so forgive me if this question has been asked before!  I downloaded a file ending in xsd but I cant open it.  I understand that there is an app or special program needed to open it... but where do I find that app and what is the name of it?  Thanks!!

Comments

The crack is included in the download. One reply thread on the post (#50 I think describes how to install it the best. If look into the replies on the thread eventually you'll find it.  Post time 2018-8-1 04:32

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-9 12:33
| Show all posts
Thank you!  I appreciate your support and I will look for that post!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-29 01:59
| Show all posts
I am with you Tricialynn I prefer original scanned charts that way you can make the changes yourself

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-14 13:36
| Show all posts
I just wanna talk to people you say that you don’t know what you’re gonna it is what you gonna do not you say babe babe

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 03:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.106006 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list