| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1675|Reply: 31
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] What do you think is the best fabric to cross stitch on???

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-5-27 22:55
| Show all posts |Read mode
I'm really liking the Evenweave.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2023-3-30 16:41
| Show all posts
I prefer evenweave, 28ct over 1, at a minimum. Linen isn't too bad but I'm not a fan of the natural fibre aspect where some fabrics have big lumps of thicker threads in it.

I've been keen to try silk gauze (another evenweave, supposedly). Aida is fine too, but I honestly prefer evenweave/etc over that.

As for the 'best', the best is whatever suits you, your abilities, and the pattern you want to make.

A 14ct Aida can be the best, if that's what you can use, or what you have available. It's purely personal preference.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-5-2 09:19
| Show all posts

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5vZNo6K7k that's a pretty good tutorial. But if you search youtube for "how to grid fabric for cross stitch", there are any number of tutorials.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-28 07:56
| Show all posts
Talya1

Login/Register to enlarge
2023-4-28 04:26

Those who prefer evenweave, do you grid it before you start? I'm planning a new project on evenweave ...

Absolutely. I grid with thread that I can then rip out as I complete the design. I just put some mindless TV on and stitch away.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-3-27 13:22
| Show all posts
I personally prefer linen and stitching over 2: I think it looks better in the finished product. It also feels nicer in my hands, and as I do a lot of designs with fractional stitches, it makes those easier too.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-5-2 01:02
| Show all posts
A Sock Puppet

Login/Register to enlarge
2023-4-28 07:56

Absolutely. I grid with thread that I can then rip out as I complete the design. I just put some m ...

Where can I find a tutorial about how gridding evenweave? It seems tricky..

Comments

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5vZNo6K7k that's a pretty good tutorial. But if you search youtube for "how to grid fabric for cross stitch", there are any number of tutorials.  Details Reply Post time 2023-5-2 09:19

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-28 04:26
| Show all posts
Those who prefer evenweave, do you grid it before you start? I'm planning a new project on evenweave 32 ct, and not sure about the prep stage: can I mark it with a water soluble pen or smth like that?

Comments

Absolutely. I grid with thread that I can then rip out as I complete the design. I just put some mindless TV on and stitch away.  Details Reply Post time 2023-4-28 07:56

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-16 21:14
| Show all posts
Depends on the project; I like linen 28ct over one makes the details pop; 40ct over two gives detail too but most of the time its 32ct over two. Jobelan or Lugana works too, not much of an Aida fan.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-14 11:00
| Show all posts
Evenweave is my favorite as well. I recently tried to grin and bear it with a bookmark on Aida and couldn’t finish. It was so rough! Evenweave makes projects look so polished.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-5-28 00:22
| Show all posts
It's a matter of individual preference. I like evenweave, but for some small things (like ornaments) I like to use Aida. With evenweaves you can get more detail.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-26 01:46
| Show all posts
I started a project on evenweave and don't like it at all... will stay with aida after that. The ct depends on the project, but i like the smaller ones like 18ct.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-5-28 00:00
| Show all posts
My favorite is Aida, most 14ct and smaller.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-5-28 00:14
| Show all posts
Aida. The best.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-5-28 04:29
| Show all posts
I like cashel linen.   But I have worked on both aida and evenweave.  For a quick stitch I use aida, easier to count over the linen.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-5-28 09:21
| Show all posts
Yes Aida for smaller projects. Would like to try Hardanger.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-14 15:59
| Show all posts
I love linen but most of the time I stitch on Aida 18 and 20.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-14 23:10
| Show all posts
I prefer evenweave as well. I think it looks better than aida and is more regular than linen.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-14 13:54
| Show all posts
18 count aida suits my older eyes

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-23 03:26
| Show all posts
I like 18count Aida, and lately magic aida and 20 count (easy count ) are a blessing, no need to grid, saves a lot of time for big projects.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 05:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077147 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list