| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 3404|Reply: 22
Collapse the left

[Knitting] Yarns with long color repeats - suggestions, please!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-6-3 00:21
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have become a big fan of Veera Valimaki's "Secret of Change" pattern and have made 9 or 10 of these wonderful shawls!  I have made it in solid colors but my favorite yarns to use are those with long color repeats.  Noro yarns have worked best, and I've also used a couple of the acrylic "cake" yarns with good results, but I am interested in knowing about other long color repeat yarns out that I might not have heard about nor seen.  

I'd love to hear some suggestions.  And the yarns with more colors in a skein work especially well.

Thanks!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2018-8-20 06:52
| Show all posts
I really wish manufacturers and indie dyers would specify that and/or show a knitted sample with measurements so knitters and crocheters can judge that accurately.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-18 00:31
| Show all posts
Zauberball is the very best choice, I'm totally sure.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-3 05:10
| Show all posts
This is such a good topic. I’d really, really purchase from any companies or independent dyers/yarn sellers who would make this info front and center and preferably even show a knitted or crocheted sample so I could tell. I’ve purchased way too much on recommendations and found it not to be true or work for my planned projects. Into the stash....
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-7-4 05:54
| Show all posts

Yes. I think I have one ball of Zauberball in my stash.  And I know where I can get more...spotted some at a yarn shop not long ago.  

Thanks so much!

Comments

Muchas gracias por compartir  Post time 2023-1-17 09:14

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-4 05:28
| Show all posts
Try looking at Yarn Paradise (Ice Yarns).  They have a lot of yarns to choose from and their quality is good.  Fast shipping.  I find that they are quite reasonable, even after I add in shipping, the yarns are cheaper than I can buy locally for the same quality.

Comments

Yes. I think I have one ball of Zauberball in my stash. And I know where I can get more...spotted some at a yarn shop not long ago. Thanks so much!  Details Reply Post time 2018-7-4 05:54

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-7-4 05:53
| Show all posts
Yes.  I know about Ice Yarns.  I've bought from them for years, but not lately.  I'll check them out again for the long color repeat yarns, now that I'm on the hunt for those.

Thank you so much  for responding!  

Comments

you're welcome, good luck in your search.  Post time 2018-7-4 12:51

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-13 15:07
| Show all posts
You should try   Aade Long  -  it is 100% wool and will keep shawl's shape great after blocking.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-13 16:13
| Show all posts
Sehr lange Farbverläufe haben die Garne von Kauni, die kann man auch gut kombinieren, da sie in uni und mit Farbverlauf zu kaufen gibt.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-13 15:43
| Show all posts
What about a "Zauberball" (Schoppel)? They come in all kinds of colour combinations and also in different qualities.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-24 18:29
| Show all posts
I'm "KSunnyHandicraft" owner and the author of these patterns:
//www.pindiy.com//forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=378226
//www.pindiy.com//forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=378536
//www.pindiy.com//forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=378534
//www.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... ht=KSunnyHandicraft
//www.pindiy.com//forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=354338

You have not rights to distribute them without my consent. By publishing these patterns, you violate my copyrights.
I require that you delete all my patterns from your web site without the possibility of recovery.
Kseniya

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-5 05:31 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051056 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list