Search
View: 763|Reply: 16
Collapse the left

Hello new member here, introduce yourselves

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-7-4 10:58
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by missmisery at 2018-7-4 14:03

I just joined a few days ago.  I am from AL and would like to know where you are all from.  I am a cross stitcher/pattern collector, with an emphasis on HAED's (have more than anyone could ever finish in 1 lifetime, lol).  This site had enable me to find 2 charts that I especially have been looking for, thank you.  Having fun expanding my collection.

I am considering stitching a version of the Monopoly board but with a Harry Potter theme for my daughter, any advice on where to find charted graphics would be appreciated as well.

Feel free to include any special tips/advice you have discovered.

Let the fun begin...

Related collections:

• · Misc |Threads: 103, Subscribe: 0
Post time: 2018-7-25 10:57
| Show all posts
Hi!  I am new here too!  In fact just discovered this site today and am trying to navigate and learn the basics.  I live in Texas in the hill country between Houston and Austin.  It is super hot here now so spend a lot of time indoors but I love to garden, especially roses, quilt, cross stitch, needlepoint and paint in both watercolors and oils. I am happily married and have two grown children as well as two grandchildren.  I love to travel and explore new places.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!  Thank you for allowing me to join!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-10-2 02:15
| Show all posts
Edited by Daianeborges at 2019-10-2 02:17

Olá meu nome Daiane, tenho 25 anos, moro no Brasil.
Aprendi a crochetar desde de muito pequena, exatamente com 9 anos de idade, e desde então obtive um amor intenso pelo artesanato.... devido a falta de tempo no dia a dia, escola, trabalho, etc. acabei deixando de lado. Depois de muitos anos já casada, mãe e dona de casa, me vi desempregada depois do nascimento de minha filha, desde então criei planos para trabalhar em casa, varias tentativas frustradas em outros seguimentos... Foi então que resolvi a confeccionar peças em crochê, para venda e ajudar na renda.
tenho um amor imenso pelo meu trabalho!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-7-23 06:16
| Show all posts

I have 2 going right now, 1 for my daughter and 1 for a family who recently moved.  Yes they are a time commitment to be sure, but otherwise I actually find them easier to do.  Being a full coverage piece you can get landmarks placed easier to work off of and reduce amount of counting needed.  You just have to make sure the colors you are using for your landmarks are counted correctly.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-10 03:53
| Show all posts
Hi My name is Tammy and I am from Michigan. I  just recently fell in love with HAED's but being disabled I cannot afford to buy The charts and materials needed to actually stitch HAED's but I am trying to find as many of the patterns I can and stock up on material as I can. I just hope I will be able to stitch a HAED before the end of my life. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group. I look forward to getting to know you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-9 10:06
| Show all posts
qltdswan

Login/Register to enlarge
2018-9-8 23:38

What are HAED's?  May be a stupid question, but I haven't got a clue!  Thanks!

HAED is short for Heaven and Earth Designs. These patterns are mostly big and without backstitch or other stitches, only cross stitch. However, some use half cross stitch. Google on Heaven and Earth Designs and see what patterns they make from many artists.

Comments

Ow, and you can also search here. Just type HAED in the search bar and see what beautiful patterns they have. But be careful, it is addictive, when you own one, you want more and more :)  Post time 2018-9-9 10:13

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-4 06:10
| Show all posts
Edited by zephyr at 2018-9-3 23:13

Hi welcome!

I'm from the Netherlands
I'm a stitcher to and "into" HAED also. I'm a cross stitch pattern collector for many many years, first on paper by mail, and now on my laptop.
Maybe you can help me. I'm searching for Moonlit Moorings from John Bradley, do you have that HAED? It's retired since may this year.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-4-3 11:28
| Show all posts
I just joined today.  I am from Utah and love to knit and crochet.  I have cross stitched in the past. I made a C2C harry Potter themed afaghan for a Christmas present last year.  I think you could cross stitch from a c2c graph.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-16 04:33
| Show all posts
Hi Everyone,
My Name is Lisa and I am from New York. I love Cross Stitch, quilts and primitive dolls. I am not an expert at any of them but love to craft. Hoping to get sometime this Fall and Winter to get some things done. Thank You for having me.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-9 06:38
| Show all posts
What are HAED's?  May be a stupid question, but I haven't got a clue!  Thanks!

Comments

HAED is short for Heaven and Earth Designs. These patterns are mostly big and without backstitch or other stitches, only cross stitch. However, some use half cross stitch. Google on Heaven and Earth D  Details Reply Post time 2018-9-9 10:06

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-4 06:27
| Show all posts
I found a cross stitch pattern on Etsy.

monopoly harry potter stitching pattern.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-22 02:31
| Show all posts
Have never done Haed's! They are a huge commitment!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-23 21:30
| Show all posts
Still in awe- I have a Hare one I would love to do!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-13 21:17
| Show all posts
HI, I´m from spain. i study english but its difficult for me. I love knitting.

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 22:33 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071402 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list