Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: Anonymous
Collapse the left

A lot of coins for patterns.

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-7-6 05:01
| Show all posts
i have adjusted what i ask for to allow for the new "upload tax" .. so yes, mine went from say 70gc to 100gc on average.. but i also like to give away coins. There is often a fat red envelope on my profile or i gave 1000 gc for the game we played y/day. I am very lucky that i have a nice stash of coins to fall back on but i remember how hard it was to start out, so i love to give coins freely to newbie members. :) sharing is caring after all.

Comments

I agree, if you have a lot of coins, share or a giftcard, use transfer to give a members coins, if there is no other way.  Post time 2018-7-7 03:45
and i totally agree.. the next levels take forever! it took me ovr 18 months to get to level 2 and i post a lot :D  Post time 2018-7-7 02:06
no i just pm the person and leave a red envelope for them (w/o posting in the foums).. that way, i pay the 20coins but the person who gets them, doesnt get fined  Post time 2018-7-7 02:05
Indeed the start is hard, but the next levels are harder. You need a lot of credits.  Post time 2018-7-6 20:17
Do you use by transfer, if you give 100 coins to a member, she/he gets only 70 coins, 30% goes off.  Post time 2018-7-6 20:15

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-7 01:44
| Show all posts
pipje1970 2018-7-6 02:40
last time i saw a pattern for 300 gold coins!! that's way to much. when i joined the price for a bra ...

ime too, i don't buy it

Comments

Very good of you.  Post time 2018-7-7 03:43
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-7 16:24
| Show all posts
I totally agree. Between the amount of coins a lot of people want for patterns lately and the download fee, it can take way too long to earn enough coins to get some of the patterns. If they're ridiculously high I will not download

Comments

I agree with you.  Post time 2018-7-7 18:39

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-8 23:33
| Show all posts
When I upload something, I try always to compare the coin request with the inner value, and some of my uploads are cost free.

But... but... but... when it's possible I try also to upload good quality files, and they are big - it's normal for a good new scan of an old magazine to reach more than ten chunks, so that for the "buyer" the real and wasteful cost is the download fee!

Comments

Me also, that is a lot of work to get it all in a file, they can asked more coins, I agree with this.  Post time 2018-7-10 00:58
yes i have to agree with this. A lot of newbies dont understand that uploaders put a book in 4 parts up for say 100 coins.. but then they have to add another 120 coins just for downloading.  Post time 2018-7-8 23:59

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-10 06:38
| Show all posts
Hi,
What I have a problem with is people breaking a pattern up into sections and then charging for each piece.  That seems very wrong to me.  I think there should be one charge for one pattern.  I recently downloaded a pattern that was broken up into four different RAR files and I had to pay for each section.  That just isn't right.  

Comments

Ok, you have a point about larger patterns, maybe! But a lot of the patterns I've seen are less than the 10mb and they are still breaking them up & charging. It causes confusion for new members too.   Post time 2018-7-10 22:07
"unfair" is too strong a word.. but i cant think of a better one atm. Anyway, a pattern would be 100 coins, either in one file or 25 coins for each of the 4 (plus ofc the 120 for download)  Post time 2018-7-10 08:54
the thing i find a bit unfair is the 30 coin "tax".. i understand that the site needs income but that adds 120 gc for a 4part rar  Post time 2018-7-10 08:52
Sally.. that will be down to the fact that the site only allows uploads up to 10mb. So a 40mb book will be 4 rar files. Some uploaders attach the one off pattern fee to 1 file, others spread them  Post time 2018-7-10 08:50

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-11 04:03
| Show all posts
Новичкам сложно получать монеты. Я еще не совсем поняла - как это делать.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-11 07:04
| Show all posts
I totally agree. I think the patterns are overpriced at the crochet forum.

In my point of view, the goal of Pindiy is to share crafty patterns, books and magazines. So, why don't uploaders charge a reasonable price so more people will be able to buy them?

Personaly, I love the crochet forum. I don't know if the same thing has been happening to the other forums but at the crochet forum, the prices of a lot of patterns are abusive!

A pattern sold at Etsy by USD 3.00 is "shared" here for 300 Gold Coins, while:

•        A pattern sold by USD 7.20 is shared here for 200 Gold Coins; or
•        A pattern sold by USD 10.00 is shared here for 120 Gold Coins.

I think it would be great if the maximum amount allowed to charge a paid file would be 200 Gold Coins. Besides, I think that if a thread has multiple attachments,  the charge may not exceed 200 Gold Coins total for all attachments.

Does anyone agree with me?

Comments

The thing is, someone who uploads, does so to earn coins. So if patterns generally cost 230 gc, they HAVE to ask for more to be able to buy their own patterns here.  Post time 2018-7-13 17:28

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-12 17:58
| Show all posts
I never buy at etsy, but 200 coins is to do, but no more.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-13 04:13
| Show all posts
Hi Sylvana

I agree with you. Some patterns are too expensive, for example, some scanned SODA charts cost 200 gold coin.

I noticed that when the pindiy was modified, some patterns uploaded at low cost before the maintenance automatically have been changed to higher cost after it. The uploaders aren't guilty of that. This happened to me. Not to 200 gold coin but it changed from 5 gold coin to 50.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-15 18:00
| Show all posts
I rarely on principle download (or add to any of my collections) anything over the going price rate of 50 GC.  It really has to be something special before I'm willing to pay extra. This has nothing to do with how much money I may or may not have, but that I simply won't be part of the process that helps to inflate prices. To make up for what the extra charge forum charges the uploader (which seems rather outrages and unnecessary to me) I rate when I download if there aren't any problems. I also think the uploader should be conscious of the collective download cost, that is price + all files' cost together when pricing.

But most of all I think that if people price their patterns too high it simply won't sell. I had uploaded some patterns that I actually mispriced as I was new to the forum (I meant them to be free- so was trying to "price" them at the forum cost of 20 GC, later prices 10 GC I believe), which sold only a little for a good reason but when the forum automatically raised them to 50 GC not at all. And I knew it the moment it happened. They were now overpriced. In other words I made more off my patterns when they cost less and what people thought what they were worth, than now. Especially now when there is such a demand on people's coins. So if people price something at 100, it will depend on how many people think that pattern is really worth the 100 GC plus the forum costs. Lower it and there will be many more people likely to buy. I have noticed that most people still consider 50 GC in xstitch to be the standard even if prices are quickly rising. Let's keep it there.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 00:27 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.113016 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list