Hot search: HAE Baby Xsd car xsd doll Russi
View: 293|Reply: 6
Collapse the left

Incorporating finished cross stitch in sewing projects

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2018-7-8 14:53 |Read mode
Hi all,
I would like to know how to attach finished cross stitch to sewing projects..Is there any book that helps? I have completed  a couple of cross stitch projects..In India, cross stitching isn't common..is it possible to attach it to a salwar(it's a garment worn in India)? And how to do it? Can someone guide me?

Comments

Old topic in free talk  Post time 2018-8-8 22:46

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-7-8 20:30
| Show all posts
it has been a long time since i cross stitched.. i think for something as delicate as a silk salwar, i would cross stitch directly onto the fabric. use the aida as a guide and then, once completed, pull out the individual strands.. you will be left with a very clean, beautiful embroidery on your fabric.
If you have already finished your panel, i would probably use a running stitch, using the aida structure as your guide encasing the edges with a matching ribbon or bias tape before using a decorative stitch to sew it to the salwar. Does that make any sense? you need to secure the edges of the aida or they will fray, so you will have to somehow encase the edge.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-8 21:28
| Show all posts
rnandthita, one way of stitching cross-stitch on fabric is using waste canvas, it is available only in 14 count, if memory serves me right someone on this site had found it in 18 or 16 count, but i have not been that lucky. IMHO waste canvas is the best possible way to stitch on fabric.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-9 02:08
| Show all posts
Yes..makes sense! Thanks picxie and jazzo!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-9 14:51
| Show all posts
You might want to try linen. The fabric would blend in more with the shalwar shawl piece. Yes, you may need to use a magnifier for stitching, but the details will be finer.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-10 03:45
| Show all posts
In indian garments, Zardosi and embroidery is preferred over cross stitching because it saves a lot of time. Cross stitching is a different attempt in indian attires..i'm looking to attach it to salwars...it would definitely attract onlookers.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-17 00:40 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.119038 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list