| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
View: 5816|Reply: 43
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] does anyone use a floor stand?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-7-30 21:28
| Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by susiequeue123 at 7-30-2011 22:27

i use qsnaps now and am wanting to buy a floor stand because i'd like to use a laying tool to make my stitches cleaner.  too hard to do with a hand-held type. recommendations?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-10-13 10:51
| Show all posts
My floor stand was second hand,  think it might be a stitch master.  Don't know how people can stitch without a stand.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 06:45
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:18
| Show all posts
That’s awesome

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-30 22:18
| Show all posts
I have never used one, and will not :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-30 23:29
| Show all posts
I use both floor and lap stands, depends what I'm working on, set them up right and they're great ! :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-7-31 00:05
| Show all posts
threadbare - any preferred model or maker?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-31 00:30
| Show all posts
lap stand is an elbesee... the floor stand is second hand off ebay so got no idea what make it is, sorry. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-31 13:57
| Show all posts
I LOVE my floor stand:)  I only use qsnaps but I can't hold them, too heavy.  Plus, I stitch with 2 hands so a stand is a necessity.  I can't think of the brand right now but I'll check tomorrow.  I do know it's from AC Moore and I had a 50% off coupon;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-11 02:59
| Show all posts
I use a floor stand with Q-snaps. Love it because I can use both hands to stitch faster. I've had this floor stand for about 6-7 years and bought it through either Mary Maxim or Herrshners. Can't remember ;P

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG

Comments

I also use Q-Snap. Putting it in the stand as you have here doesn't it loosen the top clamp and then the fabric? I love my snap because it keeps the fabric so tite and the stitches turn out so neat  Details Reply Post time 2012-5-16 09:16

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
Fan_of_LK + 2 Usefull

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-11 03:15
| Show all posts
I use a siesta floor stand like guaynia has shown and use siesta bar frames which are great as you collect various size frames and construct a frame suitable for the project.

However if like me you dont want to pin your fabric all around the frame as suggested, do what i do which is bind the top and bottom bar with binding fabric when you have decided on the size, then mask your fabric at top and bottom with masking tape, pin these ends to both bars and roll till you at your starting point or where you are continuing add two short sides and there you go an adjustable rolling frame which is as big or as small as your project, they are light weight and easy to store. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-11 12:00
| Show all posts
I love opus, i want to buy one

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-8-12 08:49
| Show all posts
thanks everyone! especially thanks to guaynia for the pics!  it really helps to see if i would like one or not to see the qsnaps in it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 10:39 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074633 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list