Register
Search
View: 1354|Reply: 69
Collapse the left

[Finished Crafts] Double Jacquard Autumn Dance scarf

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-9-19 02:37
| Show all posts |Read mode
After 2 1/2 months, this is finally done.  Double jacquard produces a scarf that is finished on both sides, but with the colors reversed.  It takes (way, WAY) more than twice as long to knit, though.  I love how it turned out, but I'll never knit another one.

Dark side

Dark side

Light side

Light side

Rate

Number of participants 5Gold Coins +16 Collapse Reason
rose26ricluiz + 2 Thank you very much!
roenor + 3 <font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Magnifique!</font></font>
fionabc + 5 Amazing!
molina + 1 Awesome!
snail27 + 5 Great work!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Author| Post time: 2018-9-19 07:09
| Show all posts

It's the Double Jacquard Autumn Dance by Svetlana Gordon.  Fair warning though, this wasn't easy, and I've been knitting for almost 60 years.  The design has 240 rows, with 82 stitches per row (which is actually 162 with the doubling).  You're supposed to do 240 pattern rows, then 80 rows of "plain" double knitting (no pattern, just opposite colors on each side), then another 240 pattern rows in reverse.  I didn't like the plain middle section, so I did the pattern 3 times.  I averaged 4 rows an hour, if I didn't have to tink, and I had to tink a lot, LOL.  It's just too easy to get mixed up whether you're doing an odd or even row, and whether the chart is referring to knit (odd rows) or purl (even rows, in reverse because it's not in the round) stitches.

Well, you know all this already if you just did a double knit scarf, but if you do knit this, you have my sympathies, LOL.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-10-29 08:14
| Show all posts
kitaro320

Login/Register to enlarge
2020-10-28 18:28

Beautiful! I hope you kept this for yourself and not as a gift. Stunning! Wish I could figure out ho ...

It's not really difficult, but it really is tedious, LOL.  Essentially you work k1p1 all throughout, with the k1 being the foreground color and the p1 the background color on the "right side" and the exact opposite on the "wrong" side.  It's technically easier than stranded colorwork knitting, but like I said, *really* tedious.  And yes, I kept this for me. :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-10-27 22:13
| Show all posts
rusalocka

Login/Register to enlarge
2018-10-27 02:32

Holy moly it's absolutely gorgeous! But thanks for the tip, I think I too shall wait until I have 60 ...

LOL!  Try knitting something a lot smaller than this, and you'll still have experience and something beautiful to show for it :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 04:28
| Show all posts
Love your work and your scarf. I just finished a double knit scarf with a horse, and it definitely is not as complicated as yours.  Who is the designer, I would like to try this one.

Comments

It's the Double Jacquard Autumn Dance by Svetlana Gordon. Fair warning though, this wasn't easy, and I've been knitting for almost 60 years. The design has 240 rows, with 82 stitches per row (which  Details Reply Post time 2018-9-19 07:09

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-27 15:32
| Show all posts
Holy moly it's absolutely gorgeous! But thanks for the tip, I think I too shall wait until I have 60 years of knitting experience under my belt before trying something like this ;P

Comments

LOL! Try knitting something a lot smaller than this, and you'll still have experience and something beautiful to show for it  Details Reply Post time 2018-10-27 22:13

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-29 07:28
| Show all posts
Beautiful! I hope you kept this for yourself and not as a gift. Stunning! Wish I could figure out how to do this

Comments

It's not really difficult, but it really is tedious, LOL. Essentially you work k1p1 all throughout, with the k1 being the foreground color and the p1 the background color on the "right side" and the  Details Reply Post time 2020-10-29 08:14

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-14 03:25
| Show all posts
Красивый! Обязательно нужно связать в цвете, будет очень,очень красивый шарфик.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 14:10
| Show all posts
Thank  you very much  for  sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 03:39
| Show all posts
Very nice            

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-31 23:21
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Bravo, well done •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 02:39
| Show all posts
Very nice!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 02:46
| Show all posts
very nice :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 03:06
| Show all posts
Very nice!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 03:22
| Show all posts
Очень красиво

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 03:44
| Show all posts
its so beautiful :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 04:46
| Show all posts
Мвого интересно!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-19 04:57
| Show all posts

Gracias por compartir!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 06:05 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.133708 sec., 29 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list