| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 4477|Reply: 39
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Know of a marker that washes out?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-8-6 03:22
| Show all posts |Read mode
I am trying to find something to mark gridlines on my fabric, cotton Aida or Linen (Is that cheating?).  I keep making mistakes without the gridlines, especially on linen, and tried pencil, both graphite and colored varieties, but they don't come out very easily, and scrubbing is bad for beadwork.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-7-4 00:00
| Show all posts
I actually like Frixion pens and markers because I can use a small craft iron to fix any mistakes I make as I grid or mark. Then, when the whole piece is finished I can iron my work like normal and poof! All marks are gone!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-3-14 20:18
| Show all posts
I am using an air soluble marker, it's V-Clear Air erasable pen. Otherwise Bohin mechanical pencil works fantastic if you have coloured or darker fabrics, they have the led in many different colors

Comments

Is this a chalk pencil?  Post time 2019-4-15 11:12

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-7-18 06:32
| Show all posts
i prefer frixion pens which come out with heat and i keep a small hairdryer at my desk so i can make small marks etc and remove as i go

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-8 21:33
| Show all posts
you can use DMC TRANSFER pen. it is washable pen available in your cross stitch store. It easily fades when you wash your project.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-7-13 16:58
| Show all posts
I use water soluble marker <fine> by CLOVER. it has never let me down :) no traces after being washed!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-23 00:19
| Show all posts
I use a quilting marker. It goes on blue and washes out with warm water

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-8-27 04:30
| Show all posts
I use Frixion pens or stitch gridlines that I remove when I'm done

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-19 20:40
| Show all posts
Thank  you  for  sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-4-18 02:27
| Show all posts
Thank you for creating this theme

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-15 10:26
| Show all posts

Very nice ! Thank you for sharing !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-6 03:49
| Show all posts
Watercolor pencils:) It's really easy to find it in stores and it's not expensive. I use it and advice you too.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-8-6 11:35
| Show all posts
Thanks, Mirage.  I'll try that!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-8 10:11
| Show all posts
You can buy a water soluble pen at the craft store. That is where I get mine. I have noticed it fading over time though, so you might have to re grid.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-8 10:14
| Show all posts
I forgot to tell you where at the craft shop to look for it. It's usually where you would find the dress makers chalk and such.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-10 14:21
| Show all posts
I have a chinese/asian marked washable pentel pen. I can't read the symbols so can't tell you the brand. Our local crafts store sells them. But I also use CRAYOLA washable markers. It's made for kids so that if it gets on their clothes, it washes off. The usual local art supply shops should have those kiddie washable markers. :D Get the fine tip one though. As the fat ones go beyond a tiny square on our aida cloths. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-16 10:58
| Show all posts
another solution that I'm looking at is thread.  There is a product that is a grid thread.  You simply baste the grids on the fabric and then pull out when done.  The thread is nylon and red.  Much like fishing line.  There is plenty of line like that around in various colors so I am giving it a try the next time I have to grid.  I can even find thread like that  in the sewing stores and it is much cheaper than the thread sold for that exact purpose.

Comments

That's exactly the method I've ended up using! Though, I just use regular sewing thread in a contrasting color. But it's such a PITB!! I only make 2 lines at first, centering the pattern; and as I st  Details Reply Post time 2014-8-10 08:21
I use that system too although I haven't seen the special nylon grid thread. If you're using a normal sewing thread it's best to use an almost neutral cotton thread so that colours don't bleed or l  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-19 19:58

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-27 17:49
| Show all posts
Hi, I am following this with much interest. I too, have looked for soluble pens and others in my time.
But with the new grid printed Aida (14 ct), I think this should solve most of the problems. As for the thin nylon line, well it is fishing tackle line. I got mine at the fishing tackle store.
As an invisible tacking thread it is the end all.
Mind you, they did not have bright colours then, although I read in the forum somewhere that there is one now. It s called Cajun Red. So, dont waste your time looking in the sewing store, look in the fishing store, if you still want to grid your own.

Otherwise, just buy the new gridprinted aida cloth - it is water soluble so you soak it after you finish your stitching.

Comments

I have looked for this Aida cloth without success. Where do you get yours?  Details Reply Post time 2014-8-10 08:26

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-31 18:42
| Show all posts
importante los rotuladores lavables y los boligrafos que se elimina con el calor de la plancha.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-31 18:45
| Show all posts
estos ultimos son muy faciles de encontrar, en papelerias o en bazares.
existen opiniones diversas de experiencia, hay personas que dicen tras planchar pudiera volver a aparecer lo marcado pero sería en condiciones muy adversas de frio. No lo he comprobado pero yo trabajo con estos boligrafos y me va muy bien.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 04:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.160513 sec., 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list