Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 1981|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Scroll frames and masking tape

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-8-16 09:58
| Show all posts |Read mode
Can any one tell me whether there is something better than masking tape that won't leave a sticky residue on
fabric or how long could you leave it on the fabric before it would be difficult to remove it.  Many thanks.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-5-3 02:01
| Show all posts
there is a tape that I have purchased that works on the type of scroll rods where you baste on them  one side of tape goes on the bar fabric, the other on your fabric.  holds very tight.. try 123stitch  do not use masking tape
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-14 07:23
| Show all posts
I don't use anything.  Material doesn't fray much anyway in my experience.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-4-6 21:29
| Show all posts
You can also use pinking shears to trim the edges and it won’t fray.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-4-8 01:58
| Show all posts
I don’t use anything at all, and leave a lot of slack

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-23 18:52
| Show all posts
Wonderful, thanks so much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 07:17
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-19 12:38
| Show all posts
I wouldn't use masking tape at all, as it has acid in it. Which is not good for your fabric. If you're using it so your fabric won't fray, there are products in the market made for that. One I have used before is fray check. It dries clear and leaves no residue.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-20 20:50
| Show all posts
best way to attach on that type of frame is to use running stitch/long straight stitch.
:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-8 08:45
| Show all posts
You can also use clear fingernail polish. That is what I do, works great and you can get it way cheaper than fray check.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-10 06:32
| Show all posts
I use a zig-zag stitch to stop the fray on the edges of the fabric. a running stitch to attach to scroll frame. you can also replace the twill tape on the stretcher fram with hook/loop or velcro tape and staple it to your fabric for the time it is on the stretcher bar, cut the fabric longer than needed and cut off the velcro  or just remove the staples when you are done....

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-10 06:33
| Show all posts
I use a zig-zag stitch to stop the fray on the edges of the fabric. a running stitch to attach to scroll frame. you can also replace the twill tape on the stretcher fram with hook/loop or velcro tape and staple it to your fabric for the time it is on the stretcher bar, cut the fabric longer than needed and cut off the velcro  or just remove the staples when you are done...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-10 14:19
| Show all posts
Great ideas... I have a scroll frame that I never used...couldn't figure out how to attach my cloth to it. PLUS it had no stand. So it's just lying unused, sad and lonely on the side of my bed.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 17:25 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.105922 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list