Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 369|Reply: 27
Collapse the left

Post reply\'s in English please?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2019-1-23 23:50
| Show all posts |Read mode
On this forum is the laguages English if you give reply's.
I get pm's and reply's in other languages, so I have no idea what you mean.
If you don't speak English, then we have groups for it, or use a translation.
I can only give you a reply or comment in English, and it's polite against you. :)
Many thanks it advance.

Comments

Old topic in Free talk  Post time 2019-2-22 21:47

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +53 Collapse Reason
mephala87 + 1 Usefull
globuline + 50 Thank you very much for your red gift!
lucky2pence + 2 Usefull

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2019-1-26 03:08
| Show all posts
Hey everyone and thank you Sylvana for bringing up this topic!
I quite agree with Sylvana, Carol and Mephala who make some excellent points. If most of the posts are in English, then why replying in another language? If someone thinks that the receiver of a comment, reply, pm etc will use google translate to understand the message, then why don't the sender use it first?
I happen to speak and understand 4 languages (inlcuding my native) but never crossed my mind to write in my native language, as I'm absolutely sure that noone would understand; don't even see the flag up there ;P
I think we all know that this is an international site but the official language of it is English. That's why the moderators ask help for translating other languages into English, that's why we are asked to put an English title on the post/thread/pattern we upload, that's why when we search we use English terms; because this way we get the majority of results. We can't possibly know the word "fairy", "house", "flower", "magazine", etc in all the languages of the world, can we?
So, if someone has the opportunity to translate his/her message in English before sending, it would be very useful and helpful for all the members - including the moderators; let's not add more work to them!
However, I do understand that this is not so easy for some of the members... If this is the case, someone can ask for help from a forum with members of his/her own country or from the moderators or even with a simple post in Free Talk saying "help!". You'll find out, as Sylvana said, we are all very willing to help each other with the topics we know! :loveliness:
Sorry for talking too much... got carried away! LOL! :$

Comments

Thank YOU, Carol!!!  Post time 2019-1-26 15:58
It wasn't to much, you resume all the question quite nicely :) thank you  Post time 2019-1-26 03:22
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-24 02:50
| Show all posts
This is an international forum,
and everybody is allowed to reply in their own language

Comments

greenteas, if you get messages in Spanish or another language, can you read it? As you know we have special groups for these members. I want to give a answer that is polite.  Post time 2019-1-25 19:59
It's not a question of if is allowed, is more to help all to understand each other if all of us can understand is best to help and share  Details Reply Post time 2019-1-25 19:35
Even if forum is international, using one most common language would be beneficial for communication, not only among users but for moderators.  Post time 2019-1-24 03:13
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-10 00:05
| Show all posts
Are you kidding? This is international and as such should never be required to speak one language. I only speak English however if I were raised in a different language I'd be downright shocked by your request. If I only spoke any other language I would feel free to comment to people in that language. If you get a comment or message in another language ignore it or Google translate it. You don't demand that people learn another language just to tell you how pretty a project is or ask you where it came from ...

Comments

No I'm not kidding, if I get a pm or reply, I want to give a answer and it's polite to answer. If you say there is a giftcard on your space, change your settings, that would be nice if you have a gift   Post time 2019-2-10 03:38
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-10 01:07
| Show all posts
Edited by mephala87 at 2019-2-9 19:13

I don't think anyone is demanding that. It's more the matter of courtesy I think, and well as toomuchreading mentioned  - if it's indeed true, the link is dead - one of the rules states that all the posts need to be in English. With exception to language themes threads, which is common and normal practice on most of the forums. So the whole debate at this point is moot. BUT, if it's not in the site's policy, it's more of a questioning where is the logic in replying to posts in English in different languages? Assuming that the user doesn't know English how then he or she understood to what her/she is replying to? By using translator perhaps? So then why not use the same translator to reply in English? I just don't get it, it's quite interesting. I also don't want to be cynical, but the only explanation I can come with is... that it doesn't actually matter what you reply. Most of the replies are there only to earn 5GCs per post.

Comments

I know Sylvana. You are very active on the site, always helpful and kind. I'm grateful that this site has such user :) But still... Maybe I'm just jaded when it comes to "earn" based systems on forums   Post time 2019-2-10 21:15
I'm not, I have earned enough coins in the years I'm here and share, giftcard on my space, welcome. :)  Post time 2019-2-10 04:09
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-25 19:32
| Show all posts
yerita 2019-1-23 18:45
Mi idioma nativo es español,  no sé inglés,  pero no tengo ningún problema  para entender, mi pc ...

I speak portuguese and understand spanish but the other users maybe cant understand when you post and reply, is a very diferent laguange from english. Can you use a translator to post here? Like google translator ;)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-24 02:51
| Show all posts
There are so many different languages spoken here. The forum at one time was English speaking and google translate was the most common use for translation. But that's not the case any more. Members choose to speak in their own language and so the only thing you can do is use a translation system like google. Unfortunately google is not the best.

Comments

That is so true, you get the strangest translations, I used it, and the other side don't understand. And it cost a lot of time also, can spent less timer at my crafting.  Post time 2019-1-26 00:14

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-25 19:35
| Show all posts
greenteas 2019-1-23 18:50
This is an international forum,
and everybody is allowed to reply in their own language

It's not a question of if is allowed, is more to help all to understand each other :) if all of us can understand is best to help and share :D

Comments

I do not know English either, but I try to translate everything, except Russian that is impossible  Post time 2019-1-29 02:36
You know Carol, your the one of us, to try to help right? I understand German and English, in the last I try to help new members and others also, English is the best way I think. :)  Post time 2019-1-26 00:19

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-9 05:19
| Show all posts
One of the rules of this site is to post everything in English.  You can find the rules for the site here:   http://www.pindiy.com/thread-107434-1-1.html

Comments

That link leads to a 404 Not Found  Post time 2019-2-9 07:34
Thank you very much for your support, it's a relieve, sad I can not answer the pm's and give help. I post this topic and standing behind it. :)  Post time 2019-2-9 05:56

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-23 23:54
| Show all posts
This happens alot indead. :lol
My native langueage is not english so I understan some comments that appear but others... well I'm lost ;P
It help alot if all members used the same language. :loveliness:

Comments

Indeed Carol, yoiur English is enough to help out, thank you very much. :) xoxoxox  Post time 2019-1-25 19:56

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-24 02:45
| Show all posts
Mi idioma nativo es español,  no sé inglés,  pero no tengo ningún problema  para entender, mi pc me traduce todo

Comments

You should write in English dear yerita, only Spanish in the corresponding forum  Post time 2019-1-29 02:34
I speak portuguese and understand spanish but the other users maybe cant understand when you post and reply, is a very diferent laguange from english. Can you use a translator to post here? Like googl  Details Reply Post time 2019-1-25 19:32

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-24 02:50
| Show all posts
Edited by greenteas at 2019-1-24 05:39

just a tip: use a translatorand it's surley NOT in your permission to tell other members
what they have to do, only to please you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-1-24 03:20
| Show all posts
It's interesting, because most (in not all) posts sharing patterns are in English. So one could assume most people understand English, but then reply in other languages.

Comments

Good point, many thanks. :)  Post time 2019-1-26 00:14

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 13:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.117631 sec., 30 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list