Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 179|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

How do you weave in cross stitch ends

[Copy link]
Post time: 2019-2-21 09:26
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have always wanted to know how people who cross stitch get such beautiful finishes both on the front and back.  How do you bury your string tails in such a neat manner?

Comments

Old topic in Free talk  Post time 2019-3-21 09:14

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2019-2-22 04:25
| Show all posts
Edited by mephala87 at 2019-2-21 22:35

It's difficult to describe without photos, but if I stitch with one thread (or any number that it's not even) I leave long-ish bit at the back and just loop it with my stitches. When I stitch with two threads per color (or four, basically any number that is even) I just take a long one thread and fold it, then when I put my first half stitch I put the needle through the little loop at the end of the folded thread. It looks very neat, you can't even see where the new thread starts. As for finishing, I cover or loop the ends with my stiches. If there is no more stiches (because the pattern ended) I go to the back and very carefully - as not to mess the cross stiches - and pull my needle through already existing stitches, and then when it's secured I snip it. Hope this helps : )

PS. After re-reading my explanation, I realized it's probably really confusing, haha sorry!

Comments

I think I can follow what you are saying. It makes sense. Thanks!  Post time 2019-2-22 09:05
I think I do what you do, I "cross-stitch" over the beginning thread and the ending thread. I do the ending thread by leaving a bit of thread, add it to the new thread and "cross-stitch" over both thr  Details Reply Post time 2019-2-22 07:32
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-22 04:57
| Show all posts
I sew mine back through under already completed stitches if that makes sense

Comments

Yes, it does.  Post time 2019-2-22 09:06

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-22 05:31
| Show all posts
The back must almost looks like the front, if you almost at the end of the tread start wit the follow thread, be sure that you make some stitches at the thread with you ended, then it's tight and looks wonderful. It's easy to do, I work always on this way.

Comments

Thank you!  Post time 2019-2-22 09:07
So, clever girl! Can you post a photo of your method? It would help a lot!  Post time 2019-2-22 06:44

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-22 07:32
| Show all posts
mephala87 2019-2-21 15:25
It's difficult to describe without photos, but if I stitch with one thread (or any number that it's  ...

I think I do what you do, I "cross-stitch" over the beginning thread and the ending thread. I do the ending thread by leaving a bit of thread, add it to the new thread and "cross-stitch" over both threads, you can hardly see them and they are well anchored.

Comments

I appreciate everyone's input. I admire your abilities to do this greatly! I am still learning!  Post time 2019-2-22 09:07

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-24 13:36
| Show all posts
I hide my ends on front if it got full stitches. And just leave 3cm tail on the back if I work in half crosses to cover it later & clip off

Comments

Thank you. I am still learning how to do this.  Post time 2019-2-24 13:39

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-3-6 17:15
| Show all posts
I just go under a few stitches on the back before I cut the thread.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 10:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086607 sec., 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list