| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 391|Reply: 30
Collapse the left

[Finished Crafts] Has anyone ever taken as long as me to finish a craft project?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2019-5-10 18:31
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everyone,
I have finally completed my cross stitch project after 19 years. I started it when I was 10 for my mum, intending to give it to her the following Christmas and I guess life got in the way and I never finished it. I would just pick it back up every few years and do a little bit but this year I decided that I was going to finish it and have now become quite obsessed with the craft altogether as I look forward to the evening when I can spend some hours doing it. So I would like to know about any of your stories on how long it took you to complete projects, if you feel like sharing of course :-)

It still needs to be washed and ironed but I am proud of myself for finally completing it!

It still needs to be washed and ironed but I am proud of myself for finally completing it!

Rate

Number of participants 5Gold Coins +28 Collapse Reason
olkut + 6 Very nice!
LERA-LERA + 9 Beautiful!
LAR41 + 1 Lovely!
bs.frog + 10 Congratulaitons, Great Work!
Puppy + 2 Excellent! Beautiful! The best!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2019-5-10 21:35
| Show all posts
Edited by Puppy at 2019-5-10 20:05

You are a hero. I am proud of you for finally completing these houses Anchor! My maximum term is about 10 years, but the project is not finished yet !!!

Lilliput Lane LL207 Village  //www.pindiy.com/thread-61610-1-1.html
from magazine  Cross Stitch Collection Issue 126 January 2006  //www.pindiy.com/thread-61610-1-1.html

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-10 19:27
| Show all posts
Beautiful work. What is it called? I started a stamped cross stitch blanket of different Disney characters when I was about 8. I finished it just in time for the birth of my first child. My mum finished all the rest I couldn't sew. But it took me 10 years also and it was so worth the time and effort. Thank you for sharing yours.

Comments

Lilliput Lane LL207 Village //www.pindiy.com/thread-61610-1-1.html  Post time 2019-5-11 02:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-11 03:14
| Show all posts
I have one I started 20+ years ago with all different cats on it - I call it my "heirloom" project if I can ever get it done.  Too many things interfering with hobbies.  Your project turned out lovely.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-17 05:18
| Show all posts
you made a beautiful piece, i have been crocheting granny squares for a blanket since i was 8 (started as a 4h project) its not done yet and i will be 38 next year

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2019-5-12 19:56
| Show all posts
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I am glad I am not the only one who took quite a while to complete a project :-)
Hope you're all having a nice weekend!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-10 18:59
| Show all posts
I love it, you have a comapanion, I almost finished my work of Dimensions, with a lot of breaks. :) Welcome back Stichaholic and nice to meet you. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-14 18:38
| Show all posts
Beautiful work I have some put away that I started about 7 years ago and still haven't tried to finish them off one day they will get done !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-12 10:08
| Show all posts
Big congratulations :loveliness: very impressive that you did not give up and finished the piece. It is very beautiful, great work!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-10 18:34
| Show all posts
It's beautiful :) she will love it ;)
Never took me so long to do a project XD
You should publish this is diary section ;)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-16 08:50
| Show all posts
Well done you! Don't be embarrassed. I recently gave up and unravelled a jersey I had been knitting for 20 years.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-10 19:09
| Show all posts
Absolutely lovely!  On to the next project perhaps?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-10 21:29
| Show all posts
very nice :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-10 21:51
| Show all posts
Awesome!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-11 00:58
| Show all posts
Very nice !

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 17:20 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.090503 sec., 24 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list