Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 582|Reply: 18
Collapse the left

Cross stitch Saga

[Copy link]
Post time: 2020-4-10 23:43
| Show all posts |Read mode
hi all!  Who here uses cross stitch saga?  I didn’t see a thread on it and I LOVE it.  Has totally changed how I stitch.  Any other fans?  Is there a place for chatting about it?

Comments

Old or solved topic in Free talk  Post time 2020-5-9 22:34

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-4-15 09:28
| Show all posts
Royo41 2020-4-15 09:20
I use my iPad plugged in so I don’t have to charge it all the time.

Unfortunately, my plug is damaged too, so I should be very careful when charging the iPad.

But the good thing: now I can't spend more than an hour and half for stitching, so I should get up to charge the iPad. And this is even better for my health :)
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-14 18:18
| Show all posts
Edited by DiX at 2020-4-14 19:49

I bought it last month only. It really helps to cross-stitch faster and without mistakes. I'm in love.

But I have an old iPad, and have to wait while it charging. This is annoying because while it's charging I can't cross-stitch :(
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-15 09:53
| Show all posts
Ticha112 2020-4-15 09:23
I already tried other apps of the kind, but I'm really a pen (marker)/paper girl

I usually buy kits and don't like to use a marker on the pattern. Just because I don't like how the marked pattern looks like. And the pattern become unuseful for the second time. Thus, it's easier to miss a symbol or stitch it on the wrong place.

Right now I'm stitching a kit with 14 printed out pattern pages (7 in a row). I started from the upper left corner on page 1 and when I was close to the bottom right corner on it, I had to use page 2 for the right part, page 8 for the bottom part and page 9 to connect the corner. I ripped out more than I stitched! And that's why I decided that I need Saga really urgent!

And after I bought saga I do not bother on what page I'm, just keep stitching.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-4-15 07:14
| Show all posts
Yes it also took me a while to decide to spend the money but it has totally changed stitching for me.  I love being able to highlight a colour I’m working on and see everywhere it is and mark it off. I also find it much easier for doing back stitching since you can highlight just that and follow (on my patterns it is all marked up and then hard to see!). I also like the numbers - it says how many stitches a day you’ve done what % done you are with a project and there is also a button for materials how many stitches w and h and how big it will be depending on the fabric you select from a list of many counts etc it also has the thread colours and brand and how much you need and you can email it to yourself). It’s so handy.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-14 20:06
| Show all posts
becca9703 2020-4-14 18:57
Hmmm... I have never heard of this. What is it?

It's an application for iPad or iPhone. It's also possible to use it on desktop with another program (never tried). It's necessary to upload the pattern you are stitching (I created xsd-file before), chose a symbol, and the application shows you where to stitch, how many threads you need, should you make cross-stitch or half-stitch, etc. For me personally it really indispensable for back-stitch. You may "erase" already stitched symbols, so you can see the progress. You may stitch color by color or use parking method (the application has extra possibilities for this).

It is a little bit pricy comparing with other applications, but it worth.

Comments

This sounds really interesting. I have to go and investigate Thanks for sharing.  Details Reply Post time 2020-4-14 20:13

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-4-15 10:16
| Show all posts
DiX 2020-4-15 09:53
I usually buy kits and don't like to use a marker on the pattern. Just because I don't like how th ...

Same!  And I hate that I’ll start a new page and see I had one more stitch of a colour from the prior page and have to thread a needle etc for one stitch.  I save a lot of time and make many fewer mistakes.  

Comments

when I'm about to end the page, I usually take a lookat the joining one to see if there are any. I would love to like using th ipad, I just can't get used to it. it's like reading a book or an e book  Post time 2020-4-15 18:52

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-4-15 07:16
| Show all posts
DiX 2020-4-14 18:18
I bought it last month only. It really helps to cross-stitch faster and without mistakes. I'm in lov ...

Haha same problem - I’m using a super old iPad.  I’m actually considering getting a new tablet because I use this program so much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-15 09:17
| Show all posts
Royo41 2020-4-15 07:29
Does anyone know what this button does?

As I understand when you use parking method you can mark where you left the needle in the application. This button shows or hides these marks.

P.S. I'm s cross-stitching color by color.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-14 18:57
| Show all posts
Hmmm... I have never heard of this. What is it?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-14 20:13
| Show all posts
DiX 2020-4-14 20:06
It's an application for iPad or iPhone. It's also possible to use it on desktop with another progr ...

This sounds really interesting. I have to go and investigate :) Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-4-15 07:29
| Show all posts
Does anyone know what this button does?

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-4-15 09:19
| Show all posts
DiX 2020-4-15 09:17
As I understand when you use parking method you can mark where you left the needle in the applicat ...

Ah ok.  Yeah I do by colour too.  thanks for responding!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 15:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.088160 sec., 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list