Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: daffodil
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Stitching With Metalic Thread Tips please

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-10-8 07:20
| Show all posts
Wax, short lengths, and a lot of patience.
booboo23 Post at 10-7-2011 21:01

This :lol

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-9 10:17
| Show all posts
Try running your thread on a candle.... I usually keep a short part of a candle in my sewing box. Then I just "glide" the piece of thread/string on it...using the lightest touch so it wouldn't snag. And voila! Once I start sewing, it glides through well :)

Use a light touch...and do it SLOWly. :) Slow is good for metallic threads.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-13 12:13
| Show all posts
very nice thank you so much ...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-17 05:59
| Show all posts
i was using DMC light effects they were really hard to work with. i changed my preference to Madeira now. Thy are much more easier to work with.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-17 08:12
| Show all posts
I'm part of the Thread Heaven fan club - it made my Kreinik fine braid so much easier to work with.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-17 12:56
| Show all posts
I have used the dmc light effects and they are horrible to work with, I have been usuing the rainbow one for a passione ricamo fairy and I simply love it..since I did not have any thread conditioner with me I worked the dmc in short lenghts and wet it with water  before sitiching...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-17 18:02
| Show all posts
Also, try different threads.  I swore off Metallics because all I used was DMC.  Horrible stuff.  Then I got some Silver Needle Secret Needle Night kits at Goodwill and tried other brands.  Wonderful stuff.  Frye Werks is my favorite right now.

Knot the end and leave it knotted until you are done with the thread.  And lock your thread onto your needle so it doe not move through the eye which can cause it to fray.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-17 21:24
| Show all posts
After reading all the great tips, I think I will give metallics another try.
I like the tips suggested in replies #18 and 19.
Have not tried Thread Heaven but after so many recommendations I will be buying some.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-27 20:47
| Show all posts
As a previous poster commented, make a small knot at the end of each piece of the metallic.  You will get more usable thread that way and the knots aren't noticable.  Also, I personally like the Rainbow blending filament better.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-27 22:28
| Show all posts
short  lengths, thread heaven (or similar) and use a larger needle than you are using for the cottons, the larger needle stretches the hole so it frays/rubs the thread less and the material will shrink back when it is washed... or just with time, also try to stitch the metallics first before the cottons/floss :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 21:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045909 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list