Register
View: 5917|Reply: 47
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Anyone using q-snaps

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-10-23 19:38
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by anniekins at 2022-9-30 06:50

Is anyone using the bigger Q-snap frames? Are they hard to maneuver around?

Do you use some kind of stand with them?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-2-24 06:12
| Show all posts

That is such a good idea, but for some reason I cannot seem to visualize how you do that in my head.  Could you elaborate a little more for us slow learners:P
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-27 00:09
| Show all posts
I have one, but I don't use it, I prefer a hoop, I find it easier to get around.  If you place a piece of cotton fabric over your hoop, cut a hole out leaving an inch or so border, you don't get any marks on your fabric from the hoop or your hands.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-28 11:54
| Show all posts
i used them as half frames too. as like i dont snap on all the ends for bigger projects. i find them lighter and doesnt have to remove the snaps ever so often.

i also agree that 8*11 is the biggest size you can hold up without feeling fatigue.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-2 23:40
| Show all posts
I've discovered Q-snaps recently. Never will use frames again! Now I have Q-snaps in different sizes and can combine them.

Because I do not have a stand, I just sit in front of a desk, and put the far edge of the Q-snaps to the table top.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-30 21:23
| Show all posts
i use 8x8 and i love it if i sit right i can support it on my knee and still stitch 2 handed ;) but i havent tried bigger ones i like it small even with bigger projects i just tuck the fabric into the guard ;)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-12 16:39
| Show all posts
I got one last year, but it doesn't stay in my stand very well, will have to adapt it for a frame. any suggestions

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-8 06:46
| Show all posts
I love my q-snaps. I have them in various sizes and use them exclusively

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-12 18:26
| Show all posts
looking into converting my q snap into a lap stand. video on youtube.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-11 22:27
| Show all posts

I have small snaps. Everything in them suits me.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:36
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-23 20:52
| Show all posts
I tried these an I may have used then wrong but it damaged my fabric :-(, I use a roller frame and Velcro or the frame bars which you staple your work to, frame bars are very light and easy to use

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-24 19:59
| Show all posts
I think 8x11 is the largest size to use without a stand easily, after that you need either a lap or floor stand for them, on the up side, with a stand you can stitch 2 handed which is quicker, when learning keep at it, takes around 2-3 weeks to train hands and brain in the new regime :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-10-24 22:25
| Show all posts
Thanks both of you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-21 11:40
| Show all posts
Use Qsnaps all the time, have numerous different sizes.
Made covers to go over edges, Looks like a steering wheel cover out of scrap fabric.
Keeps the hands off the fabric
Never had anyproblem with damaged fabric.
Love the Qsnaps, find it easier than most other methods.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-24 12:07
| Show all posts
I have a set of Q Snaps which I use all the time.  I like them as you can leave them on your work and they do not leave a mark.  They are great for stitching large projects.  I have got a mediam size set but also bought some extensions so that I can make them bigger.  I have got small covers to put on but I find that I don't need them.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-2 10:59
| Show all posts
I've only been using Q-Snaps for the last couple of years.  I usually stitch in hand but I do enjoy using these for larger projects.  I have other wood scroll frames some with stands but I find I like the Q-Snaps better than those.  When using a large Q-Snap frame I usually balance one side on the arm of the couch/chair.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-2 16:41
| Show all posts
I have used them but I find them a bit heavy. I have problem with my hands hurting me though and the weight of them can really get to me.  I prefer just regular light weight hoops!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-5 02:09
| Show all posts
I found them too bulky on the edges.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-6 13:49
| Show all posts
I have been using them since they came out on the markket. I love that they don't leave any marks. I also don't leave my fabric in them for long periods of time..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 16:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074383 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list