Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
Author: Crossbones
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Anyone using q-snaps

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-1-13 05:38
| Show all posts
I love my q snaps & have all different sizes, I find that putting them in the dishwasher cleans & tightens them up.

Comments

Now, that is a good tip - thank you. I've also passed it on to my sister-in-law who swears by her q snaps.................  Post time 2015-3-13 21:56

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-15 08:31
| Show all posts
Just ordered one. :D

Comments

Let me know how you get on with it? And what size you ordered. Good luck!  Post time 2015-2-21 01:39

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-21 01:38
| Show all posts
I know this discussion took place a while back, but thank you for it. I've been looking at qsnaps recently.

I haven't ever used them, but I'm thinking about a massive project, that I haven't got a scroll stand big enough for, and if I did my side clamp stand would probably have trouble with. I don't want to use a hoop, and I was thinking about this instead.

I'd heard of the scrap bits of fabric to protect my actual fabric, but not about the dishwasher trick to shrink the plastic back down.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-28 21:03
| Show all posts
I only use the straight pieces as ends on my cross stitch, and don't use the whole frame. This way I can hold a larger project easily without a problem.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-21 00:51
| Show all posts
I use an 11 x 11 Q snap.  No stand.  Perfect for the work I do - not at all hard to maneuver around.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-27 00:09
| Show all posts
I have one, but I don't use it, I prefer a hoop, I find it easier to get around.  If you place a piece of cotton fabric over your hoop, cut a hole out leaving an inch or so border, you don't get any marks on your fabric from the hoop or your hands.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-28 11:54
| Show all posts
i used them as half frames too. as like i dont snap on all the ends for bigger projects. i find them lighter and doesnt have to remove the snaps ever so often.

i also agree that 8*11 is the biggest size you can hold up without feeling fatigue.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-30 21:23
| Show all posts
i use 8x8 and i love it if i sit right i can support it on my knee and still stitch 2 handed ;) but i havent tried bigger ones i like it small even with bigger projects i just tuck the fabric into the guard ;)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-24 06:12
| Show all posts

That is such a good idea, but for some reason I cannot seem to visualize how you do that in my head.  Could you elaborate a little more for us slow learners:P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-12 16:39
| Show all posts
I got one last year, but it doesn't stay in my stand very well, will have to adapt it for a frame. any suggestions

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 10:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064086 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list