| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 2723|Reply: 19
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Dangling Fabric - How to stitch larger projects?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-11-4 02:02
| Show all posts |Read mode
I stitch using Q-Snap frames and have found when working on large projects (HAED) I have so much dangling fabric, stitching becomes difficult.

How do you reduce or manage the dangling fabric?

I have tried rolling it up and trying to clip it unsuccessfully, rolling it and holding it with my hand, even using hair clips, but nothing seems to help.

Should I try those grime guard covers, do they really work?

What do YOU do?

I am so frustrated!!

ANY suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.  :)  :)  :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-7-31 05:59
| Show all posts
I have made myself some Q snap covers and they are amazing.  I want to make more. They are easier to make than you would probably think so give that a go if you want.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-14 07:12
| Show all posts
I use a scroll frame and a floor stand.  I don't know how people stitch while holding the hoop/frame.  I want both my hands for my stitching.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-24 04:03
| Show all posts
I stitch my big projects on very comfortable stitch frame from Serega-Master, it is very stable and Can hold different sizes of frames But still very easy

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 01:22
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:19
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-4 02:18
| Show all posts
I use a scroll frame so excess fabric is not a bother for me.
I have read that some people use a pillowcase to hold the extra fabric
to keep it clean.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-4 02:40
| Show all posts
6579.jpg
how about using a Qsnap cover? it helps a lot, the excess fabric can be covered and clean too and you can make it your self if you want

Comments

Pero la funda tiene que ser mas ancha para que recoja mejor la tela y no cuelgue.  Post time 2018-8-2 02:57

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-4 05:14
| Show all posts
Like sallyrose, I use a scroll frame for big projects and wooden hoops for smaller ones. I've never tried to stitch with Q-Snaps.
But the idea of Jenjen looks quite good. I guess that will be also a solution for protecting fabric when using hoops.
Thank you Jenjen, I'll try it next time! :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-5 02:24
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-26 04:46
| Show all posts
Rolling the fabric then safety pinning the outer edges works for me.  However, for most projects I prefer scroll frames and my floor stand.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-27 15:49
| Show all posts
I used to use a scroll frame for all my large projects... Then For some reason, I don't know why, I got into the habit of stitching without it. Now I don't use anything and I am quite comfortable stitching this way. I guess everyone has to find the way that works best for them... Good luck..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-8 13:36
| Show all posts
I have the best luck with large hair clamps.  Since they don't work for you, I'd try the covers.  I've been wanting to make some for myself but I haven't gotten around to it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-2 05:51
| Show all posts
I use a scroll frame for large material and clip together frames for smaller ones.  I did try buncing up excess fabric on the clip together frames but it's much easier to have it rolled up out of the way properly on a scroll frame.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-2 19:15
| Show all posts
I too use a scroll frame, but I have heard from several Qsnap users that those covers work very well

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 01:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.090617 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list