Search
Hot search: HAE Baby Xsd car xsd doll Russi
Author: qoe2u
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Thread Heaven or ????

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-4-26 05:35
| Show all posts
I have used both and prefer Thread Heaven.  I also quilt, and use silk thread for Baltimore Album and TH is a must for the fine thread.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-26 08:47
| Show all posts
I love me some thread heaven! :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-30 05:17
| Show all posts
I use beeswax occasionally.  Most times though, if I keep my thread about 12" long I don't have too much fraying of the ends and would rather cut a new length than use a conditioner.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-1 01:44
| Show all posts
Grazie 1000

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-6 03:34
| Show all posts
I have been using thread heaven on my regular dmc floss, but I am not sure how much of a difference it is making.  

Has anyone ever heard of any negative side effects or reasons not to use thread heaven, such as future mold issues, or anything like that?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-6 20:33
| Show all posts
I don't like thread heaven. It makes the threads feel greasy to me and I'm always worried it will melt out and leave a mark on the fabric over time.

I love beeswax though. It melts into the thread when you press it and it smells of honey!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-7 12:02
| Show all posts
I have thread heaven that I always use if I'm doing backstitching. For some reason I don't have problems when I'm doing regular cross stitch, but my thread gets all twisted and kinked up if I don't use it for back stitching, and blackwork.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-7 22:44
| Show all posts
interesting solution with beeswax. thanks

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-24 22:47
| Show all posts
I have some Thread heaven which was recommended for metallics but I will try on my silk floss.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-30 03:36
| Show all posts
I use bee wax. I melt it in a  little disc so it fits in holder with spares where the thread slipps through and will be waxed.

Comments

That sounds like a good idea, I have some tiny tins lying around that I could fill with beeswax and transport easily.  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-29 17:31

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-17 01:04 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.078839 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list