Post time: 2013-6-25 12:43
| Show all posts
I  use Thread Heaven also. Stitch smoothly

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-25 13:20
| Show all posts
I use both beeswax and Thread Heaven. I've been a handbound book binder for many years and we always used beeswax on the linen threads before sewing the book together. Last year I started getting really into seed bead weaving and bought my first Thread Heaven.

Now I use whatever is convenient; yesterday I couldn't remember where my Thread Heaven was and found a really old brick of beeswax and that worked good too.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-28 14:02
| Show all posts
What exactly is Thread Heaven? Is it a wax? A liquid? etc... Also, what does it do, exactly? And, for cross stitching, will it affect  the outcome of the piece if I wash it after?

Comments

To get more information for you, I did a quick search online and come up to a page that will answer all your questions. www(dot)threadheaven(dot)com it can say it better than I am able to. It answers  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-29 14:44

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 14:44
| Show all posts
Edited by Jazzi at 2013-6-29 00:45
Yenilaia replied at 2013-6-28 00:02
What exactly is Thread Heaven? Is it a wax? A liquid? etc... Also, what does it do, exactly? And, fo ...

To get more information for you, I did a quick search online and come up to a page that will answer all your questions.

www(dot)threadheaven(dot)com it can say it better than I am able to. It answers your questions, even more and also shows a comparison chart between it and beeswax, casting wax, candle wax and fray chek. I thinks it a really great table for reference.

*If this is considered advertising, I apologize. It is so much easier to send people to read all about it then to basically copy it and post it. :)*

Comments

I think the advertisement thing only applies to your own personal sites/stores... Either way... Thanks for the info! I was looking into it and was basically wondering how it affects cross stitching w  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-29 14:48

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 14:48
| Show all posts
Jazzi replied at 2013-6-29 14:44
To get more information for you, I did a quick search online and come up to a page that will answer ...

I think the advertisement thing only applies to your own personal sites/stores... Either way... Thanks  for the info! I was looking into it and was basically wondering how it affects cross stitching with no beads and just DMC threads...if it would help make it smoother etc but i'll look into it more :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 15:20
| Show all posts
Actually their site does show that it has been tested and it can be washed and everything. I am glad that I actually looked because I learned a lot more about it then I ever knew;P

I had used it with the glitter Kreinik thread before too. I feel a lot better using it now that I read over that information. As I said, it shows a great table comparing to other things like beeswax too.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 17:31
| Show all posts

That sounds like a good idea, I have some tiny tins lying around that I could fill with beeswax and transport easily.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 17:40
| Show all posts
I don't normally coat my threads with anything but when using silks I have a handcream called Magnarelle available in France which is non-greasy.  I just apply to my fingertips and it seems to help.  It's made with silkworm extract of all things and I discovered it on a trip to a local silk-worm producer.  I've seen it on sale at embroidery exhibitions here in France too, so it seems like a popular product here.

With metallic threads I just use shorter lengths and the trick that seems to work for me is to tie the thread around the top of the needle to stop it from travelling too much.  It's the friction of pulling the thread through the fabric and the slipping of the thread through the needle that causes the main problems.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-17 13:16
| Show all posts
Now I am going to find some, my needleshop doesn't like it, so they don't carry it.  It is because they don't know what the effect of wax will have on the threads in the future.  I don't really have a problem with that.  :dizzy: my grandchild will probably like it no matter what.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-19 23:18
| Show all posts
I recently obtained a little box of thread haven and I love the way it works!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 03:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054329 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list