Register
Search
View: 2720|Reply: 11
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] PCStitch and Mac

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-11-11 04:02
| Show all posts |Read mode
Does anyone know where to find a program that will allow PCS Viewer to work on an Apple Mac?

PCStitch site says they only support Windows programs, but I was told there are other links out there for Mac PCS viewer use.

Does anyone know of such a link or program?

Thanks in advance...  :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2021-10-7 01:17
| Show all posts
This is an older topic, but if you don' want install he parallel OS on your MAC there's one another way: the program called Vine can open Window's exe files on Mac OS. I use it for Pattern Maker and it's work great.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-6-27 06:36
| Show all posts
thank you very much for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-3-9 17:24
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-9-1 15:13
| Show all posts
Thank you so much for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:20
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-11 04:13
| Show all posts
One such program is called MacStitch by Ursa Software.
Typing Macstitch cross stitch viewer into a search engine should bring it up.
The program will open PCS files from PCS version 4 through to Version 7.
It would be suggestable to get a converting program for the higher up PCS version Pat files (version 8 to version 10) to convert them to a lower version for viewing on this program.
Cheers
PD

Comments

Thanks for the info. I am a Mac user too and had no idea  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-5 15:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-8 13:54
| Show all posts
Reply 2# phoenixdark

Thank you!  I had no idea something was finally available for Macs.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-26 01:56
| Show all posts
Edited by happymistakes at 2013-3-25 11:25

This is an older topic, but there's also another Mac app called Stitches. You can find it at stitchesapp.com.

Alternatively (and you DO need more than casual Mac computer skills), you can install a Windows operating system on your Mac using the native BootCamp function (you will end up with 2 options to boot to: Mac OS or Windows OS) or additional, virtualization software (VMware Fusion or Parallels will allow you to run both OS at the same time). The minumum requirements would be a Windows operating system on a disk (to install via Bootcamp).

You can find out more info/get help at apple.com; you can even ask questions on the Apple Community board (you just need an Apple/iTunes ID).

Once you've installed Windows on your Mac, you can install PCStitch under Windows. Best if you have PCStitch on a USB stick/drive so you can access it. The USB drive needs to be formatted as ExFAT, not HFS. There are other alternatives, but I'm not going to bog this topic down with all those. More info can be found at Apple or by Googling. :)

Comments

My husband installed the parallel OS for me on my Mac but it is not always working and when I run the Windows OS, some functions just won't work there  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-5 15:24

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-5 15:22
| Show all posts

Thanks for the info. I am a Mac user too and had no idea :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-5 15:24
| Show all posts
happymistakes replied at 2013-3-26 01:56
This is an older topic, but there's also another Mac app called Stitches. You can find it at stitche ...

My husband installed the parallel OS for me on my Mac but it is not always working and when I run the Windows OS, some functions just won't work there :'(

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 12:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083522 sec., 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list