Forgot password?
 Register
View: 1533|Reply: 15
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Is it the same?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-1-29 13:20
| Show all posts |Read mode
If the picture show you to use anchor threads but you only got DMC threads , you converse the anchor threads number to DMC threads number( Or bothy threads' threads), will the finished project different with the picture showed, will it be downgraded by the changing of the threads?
Can anyone share there experience with us ? THAnks !

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2012-3-28 16:06
| Show all posts
I've switched loads of threads manufacturers but never noticed any difference in the completed picture.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-7 08:02
| Show all posts
I see two points:
1. you should do this before you start the work, not in the middle of the process - everything will be just fine.
2. switch to something of similar quality, don't use some cheap chinese stuff, they may tear in the process of stitching, and finished work looks worse
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-7 01:31
| Show all posts
It should probably be close enough that you wouldn't notice

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-12-2 16:29
| Show all posts
Wonderful, thanks so much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:58
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-1-29 13:48
| Show all posts
If you follow the conversions given from one thread to another they will be very similar. Some patterns and kits give the conversions for different brands of threads but they are also easy to find online. The big differences that may arise will be if you use hand dyed threads as you will never find an exact equivalent or with variegated threads. What are you thinking of stitching as I'm sure someone on here will help you if there are no conversions already given.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-3-29 07:09
| Show all posts
The human eye can discern an awful lot of colors, but unless it's contrasting them right next to one another, you're unlikely to notice a difference in their relation to the image. That is, if you get the shade preeeeeetty close, nothing should suffer in a full-color pattern. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-3-29 18:10
| Show all posts
I never seen any different in those pictures. I have stitch many dimensions kit. I have had those orginal dimensions floss in it . I stitch sometimes car and outside so sometimes those orginal floss are not enought , so I need to convert in addition to DMC floss and I cant see any different even those picture ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-1 10:31
| Show all posts
Yes just do your best, you got this :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-2 20:03
| Show all posts
I mix and match different makes of floss depending on what i have in my stock and have never noticed any difference

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-8 04:24
| Show all posts
Use cyberstitchers.com/StitchingTools/FlossConversionCalc0B63.asp to convert your threads, it is very good

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-18 00:49
| Show all posts
Can't see a problem with converting to another brand or mixing and matching.  As long as you complete all ajoining stitches in the one colour/brand.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-18 17:38
| Show all posts
If you are only changing Anchor for DMC then it should be perfectly fine.  There are many conversion charts online to advise which colours are the same.  I would only be concerned if you were thinking of using a cheap style thread as the colours may run.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 05:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051436 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list