Forgot password?
 Register
View: 167|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

Forum organization suggestion

[Copy link]
Post time: 2024-4-25 04:05
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, I know some forums have been reorganized and I have an idea to make it faster when we are looking for crochet garments, for example. Most of the crochet items displayed in the Crochet patterns forum are amigurumi and it is really slow to find a cardigan in that section or and other garment and I find it disturbing to see books and magazines altogether with the garments and amigurumis. I suggest to create an Amigurumi forum, a Hansigurumi forum and books and magazines forum, so that clothes will be alone in the crochet and the Knitting patern forums... What do you think?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-4-25 15:20
| Show all posts
Every day another new member comes up with recommendations on how to reorganise the forum.
Preferably according to the wishes of this member.
Extra Amigurummi forum, extra crochet dresses?

Why are people so dissatisfied?
Just use the possibilities that the forum offers

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
Picxie + 2 Totally agree

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 07:21
| Show all posts
You can open the Crochet Section and select Clothing in Crochet Info.

Some books and magazines include amigurumis and clothes, so it's not easy to organize them I guess...

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +101 Collapse Reason
Jaguar + 50 This!
pitussa + 50 exactly
Picxie + 1 Usefull

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 06:09
| Show all posts
The easiest way to find what you are looking for is to use the search function, if you know the name of the designer or pattern, you can use those terms, if you just want generally teddy, jumper, sweater, scarf etc posts, just use a broader search term. I only ever use the forum but to either look at what is new or to get inspiration, if I know I want to make socks, I just type socks crochet or socks knit into the search bar.

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +100 Collapse Reason
Jaguar + 50 Precisely
pitussa + 50 exactly

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2024-4-25 06:21
| Show all posts
Of course, I know how to search for something specific, but if I want to see whats new in crochet clothes, I find 100 amigurumis and one garment…I like to see what’s new, overall in the knitting section, which now shows hansigurumi and magazines altogether. I think it is confusing because we have the books and magazines forum as well… I think it would neater to have books and magazines in one forum but it is just my feeling. Thanks for your answer!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 06:46
| Show all posts
I may be wrong but I seem to remember that many moons ago, the books/magazines were separate.. I think it was made more userfriendly by just choosing the correct upload category … I would think it would also create extra work for mods to sift through the posts and allocate them.. but I also tend to come here with something specific in mind rather than to „window shop“ :D

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2024-4-25 06:52
| Show all posts
Understood, probably most of the people here just look for something in particular, I tend to look for inspiration.

Comments

If you want inspo, just use ravelry, IMHO  Post time 2024-4-25 20:45
yes, it's super hard to please everyone. I myself prefered the magazines separated.  Post time 2024-4-25 20:45

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 07:10
| Show all posts
Whenever I do that, I go down Alice’s rabbit hole and end up hoarding patterns :D so I tend to now come and look for what I actually need

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-26 23:00
| Show all posts
thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 17:40 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050964 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list