Forgot password?
 Register
Author: TJ
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Q-snap or frame?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-7-5 13:05
| Show all posts
This is great information but now I think I need to purchase a scroll frame as I only have a smaller qsnap at the moment and have just brought the materials to make a big project. Thank you for all your information.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-6 22:23
| Show all posts

What is the circumference of the Q-snap rods? I have small hands and trying to decide whether to buy one so I can try it out. I currently use scroll frames & will continue to do so but looking for alternatives for traveling.

Comments

The rods themselves are generally a half-inch rod. You can sometimes 'make' your own by getting 1/2" PVC pipe at the hardware store and cutting it/shaping it to your desired size, but you'll still nee  Details Reply Post time 2018-7-7 22:55

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-7 22:55
| Show all posts
crossstitchgal

Login/Register to enlarge
2018-7-6 22:23

What is the circumference of the Q-snap rods? I have small hands and trying to decide whether to b ...

The rods themselves are generally a half-inch rod. You can sometimes 'make' your own by getting 1/2" PVC pipe at the hardware store and cutting it/shaping it to your desired size, but you'll still need the qsnap clamps to hold the fabric on. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-7 23:15
| Show all posts
PuppyMom

2018-7-7 09:55

The rods themselves are generally a half-inch rod. You can sometimes 'make' your own by getting 1/ ...

Thanks - that's good to know. Next time I have a coupon from Michael or AC Moore, I'll get one.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-7 01:15
| Show all posts
I love q-snaps

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 07:00
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-10-2 18:23
| Show all posts
Very Nice!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-10-4 18:45
| Show all posts
Interesting question thankyou

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-10-11 07:59
| Show all posts
Rachael4187

2018-4-16 20:44

I use Q-snaps... ever since I first came across them a few years ago, that's all I've used since. Th ...

Same! I also use small strips of Aida that I have trimmed off other finished projects to pad under the clamps. I bundle everything together with a grime guard.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-19 05:39
| Show all posts
For a big project I’ve seen more people using scroll frames, so I’d try this option! Good luck

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 19:25 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.049189 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list