| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 2266|Reply: 25
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Using hand dyed linen - which to use ??? can anyone recommend ?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-5-21 18:05
| Show all posts |Read mode
Im thinking about stitching Fire Dancer by Enchanting Lair for a friend  and im thinking of stitching it on some hand dyed material .. but i dont know which one to use or from which company!!! ie polstitches etc

Has anyone stitched it using hand dyed material .. any chance of seeing the finished article ???

many thanks x
Liz x

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Author| Post time: 2017-3-27 18:23
| Show all posts
wow!!! i never realised it had been that long :-)  it took me about 2 years to complete - i finished it last year, mainly because i had completely lost my stitchy bug for about 12 months. but she finally got finished and framed and delivered so i was very happy :D sorry i never got round to posting any pictures here but she did look stunning :-) xxx
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-27 12:17
| Show all posts

wow the chart is very beautiful.. the thread is about 4 years old so i wonder if the product is finish.. i mean project

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-22 08:38
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-12-30 21:04
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-5 19:10 From mobile phones
| Show all posts
can you buy this also in holland

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:45
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-6 01:43
| Show all posts
Siguiendo este hilo

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-19 16:26
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-9 02:03
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-22 09:12
| Show all posts
I have not familiar with the design you mentioned.  I often use dyed linens and evenweave fabrics.  Here are some names of the companies I purchase from regularly; Picture This Plus, Silkweaver, Lakeside Linens, Wichelt, and R & R Reproductions.  All are very good companies and produce a wide variety of colors.  I buy the fabrics either direct or from an on-line shop.

Comments

Many thanks for your list!  Post time 2012-5-22 23:28

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +5 Collapse Reason
sallyrose + 5 Usefull

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-23 10:04
| Show all posts
Thank you, sallyrose.  I'm glad to help.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-23 16:19
| Show all posts
also polstitches, they have a wonderful selection of hand dyed fabrics

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-5-24 21:49
| Show all posts
many thanks for the suggestions :-) i will look through the websites over the weekend
and i must stop finding charts that would look really nice on hand dyed fabric !!! its going to cost me a fortune !! ;P

Comments

One thing you might consider is the monthly auto shipments by Silkweaver and Picture This Plus (PTP). I don't think the other ones offer this kind of program. PTP offers only a couple of annual p  Details Reply Post time 2012-5-25 08:53

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-25 05:29
| Show all posts
Polstitches have a good range of fabrics and they are very helpful, but they do not overlock(sew the edges down) the edges of the fabric, so if you buy from them you will have to do that yourself or  else it frays alot.
There is also CountryStitch in Zealand.
Theres another but i have not used them sparklies in the UK.

You'll have to let us know what you decide - good luck

Comments

I always wanted to try Polstitches but I am in the USA so the exchange rate and shipping/taxes does not favor it, compared to what I can get here in the States. But it is nice to hear that someone is  Details Reply Post time 2012-5-25 08:56

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-25 08:53
| Show all posts
telsandy replied at 2012-5-24 21:49
many thanks for the suggestions :-) i will look through the websites over the weekend
and i mus ...

One thing you might consider is the monthly auto shipments by Silkweaver and Picture This Plus (PTP).  I don't think the other ones offer this kind of program.  

PTP offers only a couple of annual plans each year.  You choose the plan you want and then once each month they send you fabric.  This year I signed up with the "Neutrals" plan.  If you stay with it all year from January to December, you get December free.  Last year I signed up for the "Seasonals" and "Samplers".  Those plans were not offered this year but the Neutrals are very similar to the Sampler colors.  On the PTP website they give you a list of all the colors to be sent through the year and then you can look at the images on their site to see them.  And you can choose linen or evenweave, and the sizes, etc.

I also get Silkweaver/Zweigert monthly shipments.  They have many options to choose from, but they don't give you the color list.  You just need to look through the general photos of the colors to see what they might send.    You can choose your size, quantity, added treatment(S) (like opalescent), type of fabric, etc.  I get (1) large Classic piece from Zweigert and (3) smaller pieces from Silkweaver.  The Classic piece is a solid color and not hand-dyed.  I only mention that because if you are interested in both solids and hand-dyed pieces, you get one billing and one shipment per month but you sign up on each site.  They are "sister" sites so its easy to do.  You just have to read the information carefully to make sure you get exactly the combinations you want.  When you go take a look, I think you will see that it is self-explanatory.  The prices depend on all your choices.  And the prices are all listed there so its easy to figure the final cost.  Also you can start and stop at any time however there is no discount for staying with the plan(s) all year.  

For myself, this has been a great way to increase my stash and its nice to have a big variety of fabric colors to choose from when starting a new design.  I know it can get expensive very fast, too.  However, I figured the cost of ordering the same fabric through my local shop and I would have easily spent double the amount of money last year.  I still support my local shop but instead I buy other things there.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-25 08:56
| Show all posts
Edited by sanae1 at 2012-5-25 08:59
cutiepie replied at 2012-5-25 05:29
Polstitches have a good range of fabrics and they are very helpful, but they do not overlock(sew the ...

I always wanted to try Polstitches but have not done so yet.  It is nice to hear that someone is familiar with them.  Maybe some day I will give them a try if I get too much accumulation of these others.  Thank you for mentioning it!  Its always nice to know of more options.:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-26 00:05
| Show all posts
Picture this Plus has beautiful fabrics.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-6-2 22:02
| Show all posts
OMG !!!!! now im really stuck :L  the colours are stunning !!! now i really need a hand to choose :-)

This is the chart that im going to be doing

firedance

firedance
      and im thinking a yello/gold/russet ... autumnal colours
but now im seriously spoilt for choice !!! HELP Lol
What do you think ???
Liz UK xx

Comments

These are great colors and I can see your dilemma! If you don't mind stitching on something kind of dark, I think any of the ones with grey would look really nice. I think the warm colors would rea  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-5 07:37

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 14:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.063301 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list