| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: HAE Baby Xsd car xsd doll Russi
Author: telsandy
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Using hand dyed linen - which to use ??? can anyone recommend ?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time: 2012-6-2 22:05
| Show all posts
  the first pic is the original from amy brown - this next pic is the front pic from the chart itself - more of an acurate idea of the finished article

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-3 05:02
| Show all posts
just by going on the picture how about Polstitches Toffee Popiscle or Polstitches Peaches and Cream or Polstitches Whisper. I haven't checked anywhere else yet

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-5 07:37
| Show all posts
telsandy replied at 2012-6-2 22:02
OMG !!!!! now im really stuck   the colours are stunning !!! now i really need a hand to choose : ...

These are great colors and I can see your dilemma!  If you don't mind stitching on something kind of dark, I think any of the ones with grey would look really nice.  I think the warm colors would really stand out against a dark background...maybe Dusk by PTP.  If you like warmer background, maybe Earthen.  This is one of those neutral colors, PTP describes it as light terracotta but to me (I have a piece) it is more like a color I would use for a historical sampler because I think it looks like old discolored fabric.  I know that doesn't sound pretty but it really is a beautiful color that goes well with many designs where you want something darker than white, but not dark at all, but has an aged look.
If you prefer some blues instead so its not so dark to stitch on, maybe Dwarf, but a really dark blue that is nice is Gothic.  And these are just PTP suggestions!  Hard to choose just one, but hope this gives you more to consider.  :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-22 08:31
| Show all posts
Outside links aren't allowed but I think you should google Handmade by Nina:D  Her fabric and threads are gorgeous.  Her base fabric is Zweigart, which I love.  Most of the time I love and order neutrals but she has lots of colors.

I've also been very happy with my PTP orders.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-6-30 18:11
| Show all posts
Well ...... i bit the bullet and made my choice ... i wanted toffee popsicle but in the end decided to go for the slightly paler option english rose, bought my threads and my treasure braid metallics (all from sew and so.co.uk) .. im going to do a bit more on a wedding design im working on then next week im going to make a start on fire dancer !!!
i may even start a WIP post with updates on here :-)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-5 19:10 From mobile phones
| Show all posts
can you buy this also in holland

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-27 12:17
| Show all posts
telsandy 2012-6-2 22:02
OMG !!!!! now im really stuck   the colours are stunning !!! now i really need a hand to choose : ...

wow the chart is very beautiful.. the thread is about 4 years old so i wonder if the product is finish.. i mean project

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-3-27 18:23
| Show all posts
wow!!! i never realised it had been that long :-)  it took me about 2 years to complete - i finished it last year, mainly because i had completely lost my stitchy bug for about 12 months. but she finally got finished and framed and delivered so i was very happy :D sorry i never got round to posting any pictures here but she did look stunning :-) xxx

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-12-30 21:04
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:45
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-17 04:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057635 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list