Forgot password?
 Register
View: 7393|Reply: 38
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] PCStitch software - photo conversion

[Copy link]
Post time: 2009-5-7 17:11
| Show all posts |Read mode
i roughly know how to convert the photo to the cross stitch...also took some advice in the sister forum: more grids, larger size -- clearer pattern.. however photos taken by ourselves and not those with high resolution cameras.. so the conversion may seem very blur and the colours scattered all over..tried colour myself but the pattern just get worse and worse..........

can anyone skilled with photo conversion to cross stitch patterns give me more tips on this?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2011-3-5 18:36
| Show all posts
Thanks Mary!
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-2-9 14:40
| Show all posts
I was wondering how to do this, thanks Mary!  Was wondering if you could use Photoshop or Corel to "improve" the image first?  Does raising the DPI effect the final stitching.  i.e. If you raise the DPI (depth per inch) from 300 to 600 would you get more detail in the stitching?  Or is it better to lower the DPI so you don't get to many floss colors in the final stitching?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-24 06:31
| Show all posts

where do I find the PCS stitch software?

Comments

There is a forum called cross stitch software which contains versions of most all the computer programs available (mostly free versions, I think). And each gives detailed instructions for installation  Post time 2016-2-24 06:52

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-25 11:23
| Show all posts
MaryGas70

Login/Register to enlarge
2009-8-26 03:29

One of the most powerful features of PCStitch is the ability to convert a graphic image into a patte ...

Thanks Mary!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-24 07:19
| Show all posts
Darcyandrick

Login/Register to enlarge
2016-2-23 15:31

where do I find the PCS stitch software?

thanks - heading there now:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-23 21:16
| Show all posts
ty                  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-12 23:38
| Show all posts
Something I’ve been trying to look into! Hopefully I’ll get some tips from here!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-10 08:58
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for the info! Very helpful.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-11 08:35
| Show all posts
thanks, i found some of this very helpful also

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-8 18:06
| Show all posts
It's so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-8-26 03:29
| Show all posts
One of the most powerful features of PCStitch is the ability to convert a graphic image into a pattern.   You provide the image and PCStitch will do the rest!  Our software will automatically size the output image to your requirements and then automatically map the colors in the image to the floss colors available.  You can determine how large the pattern is, how many colors to use, and even what type of floss to use!

PCStitch allows you to manipulate the image before the import is done.  You can even see what the pattern will look like before you complete the import.

There are multiple steps you will go through to convert your image into a pattern.  Each is covered in its own help topic.  For additional information on any of these steps, click the topic below.

¯ Selecting your image: This topic shows you how to let PCStitch know where to get the image you want to import.  It could be a file on your computer, or you could get the image directly from your scanner or digital camera.

¯ Picking a section of your image: The import wizard allows you to crop out a section of your image to work with.  If you only want the face portion of your image, the crop feature allows you to select that area.

¯ Remove the Background: This feature allows you to manually erase any part of the image before you import it.  If you do not want to stitch the trees in the background of your photo, this feature allows you to remove them before the conversion takes place.

¯ Sizing your output: This step allows you to determine how large your pattern will be.  The preview of the image will allow you to see how changing the size of your final output will effect the clearness or resolution of your final pattern.

¯ Color Adjustments: The import wizard makes it easy for you to manipulate the image before it is converted.  If you need to adjust the contrast, brightness or color of the image, this step allows you to make those changes before you complete the import.

¯ Select your Floss: The final step in the import wizard is to determine what floss family to use and how many colors you want in your design.  Again, the preview feature of the import wizard allows you to see how your selections will effect your pattern before you complete your design.

I attached one doc file with better explanation for PCS Pro

Creating a pattern from a graphic image.rar (120.2 KB, Downloads: 36)

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +10 Collapse Reason
sarah + 10 Excellent

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-8-26 09:35
| Show all posts
thanks MaryGas70, very detailed guidelines.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-8-26 12:48
| Show all posts
I'm also learning~
Thanks Mary!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2010-2-9 12:42
| Show all posts
Thanks for all the info Mary, it was very helpful

Use magic Report

Post time: 2010-7-19 08:12
| Show all posts
Muchs thanks for the info, it never hurts lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-1-23 21:59
| Show all posts
thanks for the onfo will come in usefull

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-2-1 08:13
| Show all posts
ohhh, thanks. It´s very important for me this explanation

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-3-6 22:24
| Show all posts
Post Last Edit by corvettegirl844 at 3-6-2011 22:25

few years ago i purchase PCStitch software and converted my Bf cobra car photo to a pattern. and I love how it turns out. Im edna from Philippines

Capture.JPG

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 09:04 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071661 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list