Update on 123Stitch Stash

Well, the sun is out, and hot, and so great for sitting down and getting some great x-stitching done. I thought I'd give an update on what I've been doing over the summer... I managed to finish a few projects:

Violets - a project that took too long, I just didn't like the colors as much as I though I would... you know how it is, you just start looking, and finding other things to do...

My first Cross-Stitch Kit - Dimensions Chickadees - I really loved the colors and it was easier than I thought it would be (always a good thing right!)

Ah... this one gives me a smile everytime I look at it... Happy Kitty. I'm thinking of doing this larger than 5x7

In order to frame the lovely Happy Kitty I had to finish another piece that was on the same frame... another easy one - Golden Fish

Then I tackled something new - well, new stitches to me, Butterfly Trails. I really loved how this came out. A very quick project.

Then I decided to do another easy one was in order, Gramophone Flowers - once again, new stitches (thankfully easier this time), but, wow, the colors really made it pop!

Well, I showed it to a friend of mine, and they quickly asked me to do one for them... I thought... hummmmm... why do the same old? so I started playing around with different colors. I used satin floss for the flowers, metalic gold for the horn, with a lovley Sand variegated floss left over from the Butterfly Trails... oh, yeah, and then the Aida... here's a test

It inspired my friend to go looking at different floss colors to see what we can come up with!

I've got 2 projects on the go:

Find your wings

Watercolor Rose

I've got a serious problem with this one, it turns out I started out this, yep, embarassing as it it, it's upside-down. There is not enough Aida to continue in the present direction, anyone know how to fix this without ripping it all out (and would that kill the Aida?)??

Thanks,

enjoy the hot half of the summer, keep cool, keep safe, and keep stitching!

Shoshana
Section