lydiya Publish time 2012-11-13 13:47

how to stitch quick?

Hi all,
I'm doing a quite large stitch (104cm x 50cm) for me, right now i'm doing stitch by colour, but it still takes long, do anyone have tips to stitch fast? and how to organize the thread for current stitch?
thanks a lot.

jojo4ever Publish time 2023-8-4 16:00

I like to stick embroidery, starting from the bottom left corner, a thread is used up and then choose the next stick color to embroider, so that my lattice is more beautiful. At the same time, I will listen to some audio novels or play the TV series I like but have watched as the BGM, which will not distract me

manolimu Publish time 2023-9-4 01:11

Brilliant one ! Thanks for sharing this.

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-11 03:09

Following this thread

Crimson Publish time 2012-11-13 14:15

For large projects I always stitch 10 by 10 and in that area, I start with one colour and do all stitches then start with the 2nd etc... this makes me stitch abit faster than stitching line by line..
As for organizing my threads, I always have a small see-through plastic sealed bag to save extra floss so when I move to next 10by 10 squares and I still need same colours I have some around rather than throwing the remaining floss off..
:)

Kelara Publish time 2012-11-13 14:24

I will watch this post as I would like to learn to be faster as well :)

LouAnna Publish time 2012-11-14 00:16

I will work an area, it may not be a 10X10 block but I don't hop all over the piece I will try and complete one small section but don't hold myself to the blocks as I've seen some finished pieces where the straight lines show once it's finished.   Or I might select one piece in an area to finish......... like a face, or an eye, or a certain cloud and make it my goal to finish that one section.   It's not instant gratification but once it's done I am very pleased to have finished that one section...........like cleaning a house room by room and each room is tidy when you leave.

karriboo Publish time 2012-11-14 00:41

I always start in the upper left corner and work down. I stitch ambidextrous so for me that is pretty quick because both hands are passing the needle. I usually keep my wip floss in snack bags. Until I joined this forum I didn't know anything about the grid method everyone does. I still don't fully understand it. I use a row minder to keep my place on my chart. thank you for sharing with us :)

rteixeira63 Publish time 2013-4-24 23:53

Row riminders great tip. I am always loosing my place.

lovestitches Publish time 2013-5-5 14:57

I also do it by colors but I don't jump all over the fabric. I choose an area (not necessary the center) to stitch and expand from there but just contain myself at about 3" by 3" space, where I can easier carry my thread to finish it before moving to another colors.

I used to stitch with a lot of needles and use a pin cushion to keep them with their own leftover threads when working on a frame.

tcca Publish time 2013-5-6 07:37

I stitch HAED using parking. I don't like to leave gaps to fill in later, so I park and stitch from the top down, but not always in a strict 10x10 grid. Sometimes I do a wider area or a smaller one, just to work similar colors at the same time.

I grid everything. It takes time at hte start, but then it is easier to keep track of later.

I listen to audiobooks while stitching because it gets me in the zone, and I can block everything else out, so I don't get distracted

Mary.Jane Publish time 2013-5-28 23:09

I tend to use multiple needles so I'm not threading and re-threading the same needle over and over again.I also use parking a lot
I haven't used grids in the past, but I think I will try it on the next large project I start - it sounds like a great idea and then I can start at the top left corner rather than in the middle and be confident of the stitch count.

robynd24 Publish time 2013-5-30 04:42

Edited by robynd24 at 2013-5-29 19:16

I usually start dead center and work as much of the color as I can within a "reasonable"number of stitches. If the next area for the color I'm using is more than say an inch away, I will leave the floss hanging until I fill in the area near it. Then I will re-thread and continue with the color. If the same amount of floss will be used whether I leave it intact or tuck it under, cut it and restart, I will just leave it intact as long as the color won't show through to the front. (Who cares what the back of the piece looks like?) I am interested in the gridding technique I'm reading about. Sometimes I would love to start in the upper corner but was always concerned on how to center the piece.
Pages: [1] 2 3
View full version: how to stitch quick?