EskimoKisses Publish time 2013-3-12 22:16

How do you preserve your finished work?

What do you all do to preserve your finished designs?Tips and Suggestions greatly appreciated, i have several finished pieces that i have done for my daughters but want to keep them preserved for them xxx

d3lta Publish time 2023-1-1 15:16

If you want to wait to frame your work I first clean and iron the piece then roll it up and place it in a plastic tube for storage OR if it is small enough to keep flat I place it into an archival plastic sleeve. If you frame it immediately just make sure you use archival products so that you work doesn't deteriorate over time and if framing using glass use a little spacer between your work and the glass. Hope these tips help you preserve your work for the next generation

aleloca Publish time 2023-8-27 03:23

When I finish my work, first I wash it to eliminate the grid -I use whasable fabic pen-, then I iron it to termoadhesive interlining so that the fabric gets more consistency and the floss wont ripe off, and finally I frame it and enjoy it :)

aleloca Publish time 2023-8-27 03:25

static/image/common/user_online.gif Annelein static/image/common/clock.gif 2013-5-25 21:03
I always wash them before framing. When I don't frame and the fabric is clean I just put it in a nic ...

Yeah!! My friends get a lot of stuff too!!

jojo4ever Publish time 2023-8-4 15:49

If I put it on the wall as if I can mount it, if I don't I'll roll it up and put it in a canister, like an art student wears

incense Publish time 2022-7-14 17:04

i will frame it and gift to my beloved one.

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-11 03:13

Following this thread

Knitpurlsm Publish time 2024-4-9 00:20

Thanks for the info!

Sarabi8 Publish time 2022-8-3 23:09

храню в рулоне)

thunderbird Publish time 2013-3-13 00:11

I embroider a lot a lot a lot of pictures every year / 45-60 pcs /
No wall that's not me, nor my children, so that pillow give away a lot of pictures - these gifts are my friends, for every event. -photos in albums and I will write on the maps, the date of preparation and are also collectors folder
Happy stitching

lovestitches Publish time 2013-5-9 17:00

thunderbird replied at 2013-3-13 00:11 static/image/common/back.gif
I embroider a lot a lot a lot of pictures every year / 45-60 pcs /
No wall that's not me, nor my chi ...

I got my framed and hang them on my walls.

Allura Publish time 2013-5-17 11:14

I'll frame my work if it's a special design, otherwise I'll find some informal way to preserve it.Pillows were suggested, but I also do a lot of aperture cards and gift giving.I've always wanted to make a quilt out of similar designs, though.

magenta13 Publish time 2013-5-19 20:33

Edited by magenta13 at 2013-5-19 13:35

I've got a few UFO's (unfinished objects) waiting for inspiration!!!Gifts such as scented pillows, ornaments to hang on door handles etc, and greetings cards for smaller projects are always nice to do.If you like machine sewing you can make bags etc out of your stitched pieces.

Bigger items such as samplers I like to hemstitch before adding fabric loops and hanging on a dowel rod.If you have a large collection of "wall hangings" you can change them around according to your wishes and to the seasons.It's nice to have a movable art collection!!

Very special items I have framed professionally.

Have a look on the internet for different ideas.Vonna of The Twisted Stitcher has some good tutorials on some finishing techniques.

Mary.Jane Publish time 2013-5-23 02:50

Anything that I have spent a lot of time on, and particularly love, I get it professionally framed.Those are heirloom pieces, in my mind.Smaller pieces I'll frame myself, or get creative with bits of wood, fabric backgrounds, cording and hangers, etc.The sky's the limit, for sure.

Annelein Publish time 2013-5-25 21:03

I always wash them before framing. When I don't frame and the fabric is clean I just put it in a nice box. The best way seems to be to roll them. When you use carton be sure there are no asics used in the paper. In Dutch it is called "asic-free". Don/t know the correct english word....

stitcherex Publish time 2013-5-27 09:35

Framing is the best option for me.Alternatively, my friends get scent bags, pouches, cards, book marks.My great fear is that I give the same thing twice to one same person !

Annelein Publish time 2013-5-27 17:31

Yes... I know that feeling. I once thought to keep a kind of administration map so I can find back which a give to whom.

rachaelh Publish time 2013-6-23 21:03

I frame some of my stuff. Most of the stuff I make for other people and frame it for them. I do have numerous finished designs that I just roll up and place in a plastic storage bin until I get around to framing them.
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: How do you preserve your finished work?